What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Mighty close to nearly BUT......  (Read 2740 times)

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
Mighty close to nearly BUT......
« on: February 03, 2005, 02:21:19 pm »
Well the delivery guy forgot or something. Ya know I could feel it coming. I had a two hour window and rather than wait until the last five minutes I called him right before the window started and he acted like he had no appointment to deliver to me. Now this was after I called the store to set it up. Called again a day before to verify it was a go. The independent delivery guy who says he has been having problems and it seems he is on different planet.

So I asked him how could he fix this screwup and he offered to come today. Well he did and brought one guy and he needs more grunts as they have to tilt it up once it clears the door so they may be coming back this evening with more bodies. But it is 90% on the porch!

I asked him how many of these does he do and does it do it for a living. Says he does 300 deliveries a year for many dealers. Maybe we need another delivery service in this area to keep things competitive?

Hope he comes back with enough gorillas. I was planning on reporting a new tub and first home soaks by the weekend.

Fingers are crossed, and toes.

Hot Tub Forum

Mighty close to nearly BUT......
« on: February 03, 2005, 02:21:19 pm »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
Re: Mighty close to nearly BUT......
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 02:32:42 pm »
Funny, isn't it, how you have to coordinate the delivery of your own spa because the delivery people can't call you to give you an update...
I was to get a billiard table delivered today by a pool/spa company only to find out that the model I had purchased 3 weeks ago, that ,by the way was in stock, was oversold.  :-[The only way I knew it wasn't being delivered today, was for me to call and find out what approximate time they were coming. ???
I hope once you get your hot tub, you have many, many good experiences with it. I am sure you will... ;D It is just frustrating that some dealers do not "step up to the plate"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 02:33:27 pm by hottubber »

• Wot the
Re: Mighty close to nearly BUT......We
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 10:21:04 pm »
Well they did not come back this evening and they did not call to tell when they would come back. Rats.

The electrician called and I gave him the update. He said he would hook it up next week. Aha, I have a plan for this too. I brought home some #6 wire from the shop just in case I had to set it up temporarily and let him do the final.  He has to fish the wire from below. I will sky hook it for now if they will scoot it on in so I can get the doorway cleared.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 05:48:34 am »
Next time they show up make sure the door is locked and hide inside so they have to come back later. You'll get a small pay back and you have to wait anyway.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 07:56:23 am »
Ahh, the delivery, clearly the worst part of this whole process for many of us. For the regulars, this will be the umpteenth time, but I sympathize.

My delivery was only narrowed down to a day, so I took a day's vacation.  At the time my dealer was swamped so he hired a delivery company.  I called at noon, they hadn't picked up the tub yet.  Now I had the electric ready to go and was hoping that once it was dropped I'd be in the tub 8 hours later.  Called again at 3, they hadn't picked it up yet, was told the store closed at 5.  I called at 4:55pm, they still hadn't picked it up, but I was next and the store would keep someone there until they came.  Called again at 7:30, no answer at the store, I assume I have wasted a day's vacation.

Around 10:30 I'm getting ready to go to bed, and the truck arrives. Only two young kids and the tub is big, so I offer to help. BIG MISTAKE.  The tub is an easy delivery, the guy tries to tell me how to run the controls, but he knows less than me.  They drill a hole through my cover when they are installing the cover lifter, the other guy can't figure out the steps, so my wife helps him.

Next they tell me the chemicals the dealer gave me are junk and he has a $200 kit to sell me.  When I say no, they leave while I'm hooking up the electric and leave me with no way to put the panel back on.

Dealer made it right the next day.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 08:36:19 am »
Next time they show up make sure the door is locked and hide inside so they have to come back later. You'll get a small pay back and you have to wait anyway.

Don't know if you're kidding or not, but I wouldn't go out of my way to po these guys, being as they have your ultra exensive spa, and such.  
Brewman
Brewman

• Wot the
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 09:55:20 am »
Ya think that some competition would be attractive to the dealers?

How many can you do in a day? Sure it depends on distances, difficulties, etc. But when you get far enough back to ignore the details; this guy says he does 300 a year at $200 a pop. I assume this is the generic rate. Some would have to cost more.

Have no idea how much he pays the help. Wonder if he has insurance and what sort of liabilities he can cover? What about the smucks that he picks up for grunt work. What if one of them gets hurt?

This is surely the shadiest part of the business.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 09:55:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42