What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm frickin pissed and getting out of this busines  (Read 6013 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
I'm frickin pissed and getting out of this busines
« on: February 01, 2005, 08:39:30 pm »
hours up

deleted as promised.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 09:39:02 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

I'm frickin pissed and getting out of this busines
« on: February 01, 2005, 08:39:30 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: I'm frickin pissed and getting out of this bus
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 08:45:48 pm »
He's an idiot and that's all there is to it.

I've visited his board - he sells the only spa on the planet that is correct

On this and your site we all are treated correctly - You guys go above and beyond.

SEE PARAGRAPH 1!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 09:23:51 pm »
OK Doc,
Sun is warm, grass is green……Breath in….Breath out

There…feel better now?

Funny,
I shut down my computer last with the same frustrations after reading his posts and then realized that he is going to dig his own hole this way.

He states emphatically that the spas are ETL listed at the factory the then in the same topic states that they don't use the same control box or panel that Phoenix does and that they make changes after they get it. That’s like saying the medicine has a safety seal on the bottle that you removed only long enough to add some ingredients that may or may not harm you but it's still safe!! >:( ???

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 11:26:58 pm »
hours up

deleted as promised.

Very nice timing... you deleted EXACTLY 1 hour after you posted.   ;)
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 11:32:33 pm »
Geez, I miss everything!

Doc, please don't get out of the business! I'm planning on buying a 12' round by 5' deep tub from you in the next 2 years...

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 07:37:43 am »
I guess I have to start checking up on you guys at night too! Silly me was spending time with my family. ;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 10:51:57 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 10:35:57 am »
Stuart,
Looks like he called you out.  You, Doc, Steve, and Chas are the luckiest guys.  I get banned and you guys get a whole post dedicated to your knowledge.  Very unfair.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 11:29:19 am »
The theme to the movie "The good, the bad, and the ugly"  went thru my head when I read Chris H's post.

Which one of you looks the most like Clint Eastwood?
Brewman
Brewman

georgiapeach

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 11:37:05 am »
Hhhmmmmmm......Okay...I'm dying here....I've been reading about the "other site" and am just curious as where this site is.  Just curious, mind you...okay...nosey might be a better word.... :-)  I seem to be missing stuff... :-(  I answered this privately -Bill

BTW....Have had Grandee for 3 months next week and couldn't be happier...although, I think I might have a paid a bit more than I should have after reading what others are paying....oh well....I love it anyway, no matter what.   And everyone here was so helpful when I freaking out about getting it and afraid I was going to mess the water up, etc., etc.  This thing is a piece of cake to take care of!  Yea, I still worry I'm going to open the lid one day and my water is going to be green or something...LOL....but so far, nothing... :-)  

Had a big ice storm here Friday night/Saturday....and I was going to get in the tub Friday night and chickened out... :-(  

Peachy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 11:40:32 am by wmccall »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 11:58:21 am »
Hhhmmmmmm......Okay...I'm dying here....I've been reading about the "other site" and am just curious as where this site is.  Just curious, mind you...okay...nosey might be a better word.... :-)

DON'T GO THERE, PEACHY!!!!  The influence of the Dark Side could be overwhelming! :o
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Okay regulars....have you noticed?
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 12:01:53 pm »
Anyone else notice that posts there were starting to dry up and suddenly on January 31st to the present JA has had a marathon campaign of posting to either invite detractors to participate or indirect instigation for a battle in his arena?

He needs this conflict to maintain interest and pull people into his sales trap... Dont fall for this bullsh*t. Let him sit there and call you a coward, a sleeze, and whatever else without rebuttal, because he's been using aggitated respondants as a means to peddle his product.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 12:13:25 pm »
Hopefully, any prospective customer who visits his web site (in this case "web" meaning more like a spider web), will read that so called forum, and see that:

JA accounts for the overwhelming majority of posts.
That he follows up his own posts with more posts.
That he is very unprofessional in his conduct.
He is incapable of civil conversation

Thus, scaring them off.  Or at least prompts them to come to sites like this, where they can some context.

That's why I think totally ignoring they guy possibly is not the best thing to do.  

Brewman

Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
Re: Okay regulars....have you noticed?
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 12:14:28 pm »
Anyone else notice that posts there were starting to dry up and suddenly on January 31st to the present JA has had a marathon campaign of posting to either invite detractors to participate or indirect instigation for a battle in his arena?

He needs this conflict to maintain interest and pull people into his sales trap... Dont fall for this bullsh*t. Let him sit there and call you a coward, a sleeze, and whatever else without rebuttal, because he's been using aggitated respondants as a means to peddle his product.

Don't worry, once you've stepped in dog crap walking a certain path you try to avoid that path again. He is not worth the effort it would take to pass gas...

georgiapeach

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 12:24:49 pm »
DON'T GO THERE, PEACHY!!!!  The influence of the Dark Side could be overwhelming! :o

I wasn't going to go there....I was just curious...you know...it's a woman thing....LOL

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2005, 01:09:56 pm »
Man after reading some more of his posts I have to say that it sounds like hes going off the deep end! He is getting almost rabid!!

I don't care how good or bad his spas are I would be afraid to own one knowing that I might have to try and get past his unreasonable nature to get it fixed!! :o

I would love to find out who this other James from California is and get him on our board!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2005, 01:09:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42