What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sweetwater Spas  (Read 4493 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Sweetwater Spas
« on: February 02, 2005, 05:00:14 pm »
I was poking around in the Sundance web site, and it appears totally redone since the last time I checked.
Looks like they are pulling the Sweetwater spas into the Sundance brand, and calling them the 700 series Sundance spas.  So is the Sweetwater name being retired?
Looks like my Optima now comes with a waterfall, and a few more goodies.  
So those looking at this spa might want to check on the probably price increase on the 2005 models vs a closeout 2004.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

Sweetwater Spas
« on: February 02, 2005, 05:00:14 pm »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
Re: Sweetwater Spas
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 05:33:45 pm »
You're right, the 05 product has waterfalls in the 880 series, the Sweetwater line has been incorporated into the Sundance line in the 780 series and the Maxxus is AWESOME. For those of you who are interested in a large spa, check out the 05 Sundance Maxxus.
The 05 lineup looks like a winner... ;)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 09:17:20 pm »
I know!  I couldn't believe my eyes when we saw the 2005 with a WATERFALL!  That's the only thing I totally wished we could have had... just figures!  

We did talk to our dealer and they are going to let us know when the new diverter valves come in, so we can try switching them out - hopefully quieter.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 10:43:06 pm »
You're right, the 05 product has waterfalls in the 880 series, the Sweetwater line has been incorporated into the Sundance line in the 780 series and the Maxxus is AWESOME. For those of you who are interested in a large spa, check out the 05 Sundance Maxxus.
The 05 lineup looks like a winner... ;)

From talking with dealers for Sundance....Hot Springs and being with Marquis it seems everyone feels good and is excited about the 05 product should make a for a great year for dealers and consumers alike....

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 06:49:03 am »
I know!  I couldn't believe my eyes when we saw the 2005 with a WATERFALL!  That's the only thing I totally wished we could have had... just figures!  

We did talk to our dealer and they are going to let us know when the new diverter valves come in, so we can try switching them out - hopefully quieter.

I feel your misery!  LOL!   ;) HotSpring added water features for the 2004 models, of course, I bought in 2003!   :P Go figure!  Plus they added wrist jets, which was something I had been looking for, but the ones in the J-360 only hit my palms!   ::)

Oh well, wouldn't trade my Vanguard!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

hottubber

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 08:43:27 am »
There really are some awesome features in the new 2005 spa lines across the board. Does anyone own a spa that has a plasma television in it? I am curious as to how it works in conjunction with the spa, sight and sound with the jets on. Sundance has a nice roll up plasma system for 05. It can be used while hottubbing or while or the patio, grilling. Nice idea, but VERY expensive. ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 08:56:06 am »
Just curious, about how much does the plasma TV add to the cost?  They're expensive enough to purchase stand alone.  

I'll certainly have to pop into our dealer and look at the new models.  Won't be trading in or anything, just gotta see the new ones.  Ours is a 2003, and the 2004's look pretty close to the same.  

Brewman
Brewman

hottubber

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 09:17:28 am »
Brew,
The list price will be in the $4900.00 range. All plasma TV's are expensive, but this one is designed for the outdoor, wet environment.
It is still alot of money. I don't think you'll see them until April.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 09:18:19 am by hottubber »

Tubber

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 09:20:45 am »
It's an LCD not a plasma monitor.

hottubber

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 09:25:08 am »
Tubber,
My bad, I thought it was a plasma. What do you think about it? Good idea? Worthwhile investment? I really don't know the difference between the 2 TV's anyway.
Are other companies using the same as Sundance or are they Plasma? ???

Tubber

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 10:04:11 am »
hottubber,
I think Master Spa has a plasma out but i'm not 100% positive.  Plasma will be more expensive than LCD. From my  research when buying a new TV for the house, I was not really thrilled with Plasma for what it cost.
I think the whole unit from Sundance is a great idea as it can hook up to an existing spa, or be a free standing unit. Sundance dealer site says they will be out towards the end of feb.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 10:30:30 am »
I've heard that plasma TV's are heat sensitive, and should not be placed in the vacinity of fireplaces, and such.  Not sure if that's really true or not.  If it is, I wonder if the spa heat and being outdoors in the summer sun may affect the TV.
Brewman
Brewman

kiara1220

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2005, 10:32:29 am »
Hi! just found this site and thought I would add some info

The TV is an LCD with DVD player that attaches to ANY hot tub with some screws. I thought the retail on it was around $2500 or so. Not sure though. My problem with LCD's is they come with a 1 year warranty but they never mention pixel burnout, this is a problem where individual pixels burnout and lock in a certain color. Most manufacturers will replace a screen after 10 or so pixels burnout, but i'm not sure how Sundance will approach this.

I noticed the site doesnt have the Majesta on it yet, which is a altamar sized Optima.

The best thing about the 2005's is the new dynamic circ pump. Im suprised the website doesnt explain more about this. Its a circ pump on steroids, from what I hear it turns the water 85 (maxxus) times per day through the new microclean filter (which never needs cleaning and is a throw away item).

The Altimar, Marin and Capri will soon be redesigned and incorporated into the 880 series.

The mircoclean 2 cannot be retro-fitted to any older models as the new 2005's have 56 frame pumps and the dynamic circ pump is needed to pull the water through the filter. If a customer with a 2005 880 series doesnt want to use the microclean 2 you can retrofit those hot tubs to use microclean 1.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 11:25:28 am »
Just a thought.....but if a TV outside is important to someone..why just pick up a 27" conventional type that can be bought in many places now for less than $200.00 bucks if you have a patio you can get a mounting bracket that swivels...or a cart that rolls...you can get a cover for it to protect from weather....and if it fails..after warranty toss and get a new one...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 11:54:30 am »
Just a thought.....but if a TV outside is important to someone..why just pick up a 27" conventional type that can be bought in many places now for less than $200.00 bucks if you have a patio you can get a mounting bracket that swivels...or a cart that rolls...you can get a cover for it to protect from weather....and if it fails..after warranty toss and get a new one...

EXACTLY!!!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 11:54:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42