What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyer in Colorado - help needed  (Read 4817 times)

NCourt2

First time buyer in Colorado - help needed
« on: January 30, 2005, 07:08:22 pm »
My wife and I are in the market for our first spa and after attending a recent home show in Denver, CO, we liked the Dynasty's Oceana, Marquis' Quest and Jacuzzi's J-325.

All of these are about the same size and are in about the same price range ($6,500). The Dynasty model appears to have a lot more eye candy (lights and a stereo) which seems nice but I don't know anything about the company and its record for reliability and service. I haven't been able to find out a lot of information about Dynasty and believe it is a fairly new company (10-15 years).

I don't believe we got to see the Hot Springs models. A friend told us we need to check out the Vita brand.  Are there any other models in this range that we should consider?  If you have been through this process before, the information can be conflicting at times and a bit overwhelming. ???

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

First time buyer in Colorado - help needed
« on: January 30, 2005, 07:08:22 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: First time buyer in Colorado - help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 08:27:36 pm »
As I have said here before....I am a big big fan of the quest.....I think for the money it is just a really nice spa...well made....outstanding warranty....I think the J 325 does not really comapre....I am unfamiliar with the Dynasty but I would have to guess it matches up better with the Quest than does the J 325...The lights to me are a bit of a gimmick as when you sit in the spa you will block most of them....I am sure you will be happy with whatever you go with......by the way it is not that I am saying Jacuzzi is not a good spa... BUt I understand that  the J 325  is much more like the sweet water than some of the other Jacuzzi....

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 10:37:59 pm »
The J-325 should be priced around $4,500 so I would agree that yo ushould remove the Jacuzzi from consideration. That dealer is overpriced. My J-375 was $6,500. Jacuzzi does make a good, quality tub but the 325 is pretty darn small as well.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 10:38:50 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 10:55:44 pm »
Do some research on all of the dealers. I have worked with them all and I will say that the Jacuzzi dealer has a horrible rep throughout the state! They are even on the backside of a chapter 11 bankruptcy from what I have heard. The Dynasty dealer is better and the Marquis dealer is one of the highest rated spa companies in the nation...

I think that if you wet test each you will find that "eye candy" means little compared to performance.

BTW, I would be happy to elaborate more on each dealership if you care to PM me, I don't think it is a topic for the board....

I don't work with any of them now
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 10:57:06 pm by stuart »

NCourt2

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 01:14:03 am »
Thanks for the replies. They have been helpful.  

What is the consensus for having a stereo system with the spa?  I have heard conflicting points on the issue.

How much actual maintenance is really involved when owning a spa?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 01:29:55 am »
Maintenance and spas are very much like a lot of things in that if you do regular manitnece...It is relatively short and trouble free...but if neglectful it will come back to bite you..I think if you stay on top of it 5 minutes a week is not out of the question....but when you are draining or cleaning filters that of course would be longer.....but regular water maintenance can be taken care of in about 5 minutes weekly.....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 10:19:49 am »
Hi, Satisfied Dynasty owner here.  My tub is about to celebrate its 2nd anniversary.  There has been some changes to the Dynasty line and they are about to announce their advantage series, which looks to have some improvemets. You can click on the House symbol to the left of my posts to see more.  Any other questions, feel free.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 12:20:06 pm »
Thanks for the replies. They have been helpful.  

What is the consensus for having a stereo system with the spa?  I have heard conflicting points on the issue.

How much actual maintenance is really involved when owning a spa?

I think that the new systems using fewer components by connecting to your existing home system make more sense.

Your average ticket to add a stereo to a spa is between $1000 and $1500. You could go to best buy, get a set of Bose outdoor speakers, a repeater and remote for a whole lot less and upgrade every year without replacing your spa!!

Actual maintenance involved in owning a spa can change from brand to brand however, if you have to spend more than 15 minuets a week then it’s the wrong spa….

NCourt2

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 11:08:33 pm »
True, but a nice stereo comes with a Dynasty for the same price as a compriable Marquis.

What about a Vita spa?  How do they rate and compare to the two above?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 12:23:57 pm »
Both of the other two would stand out far above the Vita.

I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that using similar components and materials all spas cost the same to build. If the price is radically different then it is due to:

1. Inflated retail pricing (which you can find out)
2. Cheaper material or components on one brand
3. Better marketing to deceive the customer (example Haven)
4. Less warranty

If the Dynasty and the Marquis are around the same price yet the Dynasty comes with a stereo then I would question the other features and components that your giving up to have the stereo. Believe me, your paying for that stereo somewhere...

I’m still out on the road but will be happy to look at the two products and give you a head to head comparison. You never know, it might be eye opening for me..

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 01:06:11 pm »
True, but a nice stereo comes with a Dynasty for the same price as a compriable Marquis.

What about a Vita spa?  How do they rate and compare to the two above?

The Oceana is a similar model to mine (minus the lounger)   I've seen the new Advantage line at my dealer. (The Dynasty website, which is slow to update, is supposed to have info on that soon.)  There training their dealers on this new line as we speak. Or so I'm told.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 01:07:23 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 07:08:59 pm »
Go with the Marquis.  Even if the spas were the same in quality (compare the warranties), the dealer in Denver has been in business for more than 20 years and selling Marquis the entire time.  The service that you get from and reputable dealer is worth more money.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 07:08:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42