What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Barbeques...  (Read 8542 times)

fletch49

Barbeques...
« on: March 19, 2005, 01:17:44 pm »
I just bought a Vermont Castings 'The Extreme' VCS5005. Looks like a pretty mean BBQ.  Has anyone got one of these things sitting on their deck? How about any Vermont Castings BBQ's? I'd like to hear any comments bad or good?

Thanks  

The above courtesy of your local moderator
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 03:49:01 pm by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Barbeques...
« on: March 19, 2005, 01:17:44 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Barbeques...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 01:30:37 pm »
Hello....

There was some talk about Vermont castings here a short time ago....I was wondering if anyone has heard of Jackson Grills made in Canada....

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 10:58:01 am »
I hear they make a nice grill. Never used or owned one. I am a beleiver that premium grills offer better warranty and components than what you find at the big box stores. That said I am seeing more and more inexpensive grills with stainless burners etc.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 02:54:33 pm »
The above courtesy of your local moderator

Local?? You're on the other end of the country -  ::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 06:01:23 pm »
I just bought a Vermont Castings 'The Extreme' VCS5005. Looks like a pretty mean BBQ.  Has anyone got one of these things sitting on their deck? How about any Vermont Castings BBQ's? I'd like to hear any comments bad or good?

Thanks  

I bought a Vermont Casting BBQ a year and a half ago and I highly recommend them. I have the VSC 4000 (now the VCS 4005) and it's the one on the right in your two pictures with infrared rear burner and rotisserie.

The heavy cast sides make a huge difference in the retention of heat and lessens cooking times substantially I've noticed. The stainless steel makes the BBQ very attractive but I find it's never spotless!

I just looked at the new 5000 (at least I think it was..) yesterday and now the front knobs are back lit with an orange light as well as a light that aluminates the grill at night which pops up from the side tray. Very cool! 8)

These have 10 year guarantees and I suspect that other than replacing the grills and odd parts a long way down the road, this unit is around for many years for us. Again, I highly recommend Vermont Castings! :)

Steve

PS - No Mendo, I've never heard of Jackson Grills
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 06:07:31 pm by Steve »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 09:28:35 pm »
Local?? You're on the other end of the country -  ::)

Cyber local. I'm "virtually everywhere"
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

fletch49

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 08:29:58 pm »
To anyone looking for a Barbeque...The VCS 5005 rocks! In my opinion, a true measure of a BBQ is how long you can cook ribs on it without burning them. The other night, I cooked ribs for almost 2 hours, and just grill marks!

Now that we have all been enlightened as to the best Spa out there...Arctic Spa(of course)  ;), I'm going to have to find a bbq forum and ramble on about Vermont Castings bbq's...no worries, It won't be here.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 08:08:03 pm »
Since we're on the topic, I've got a great recipe for the BBQ...

I call it, STEVE’S BEER UP THE BUM CHICKEN
Kinda makes your mouth water already doesn't it? ;D

Personally, I'm not a beer drinker but this is awesome. Take a can of beer and pour half of it out. Or in a glass for you beer lovers... 8)

Cut the top of the beer can off and season the remaining beer with your favorite spices.

Place a whole small chicken over the beer can (hence, beer up the bum chicken) and place it on your grill. Cooking times will be dependent on the size of the bird.

The flavor is beyond description and the chicken will absorb the spices and beer flavor. A must try at least once even if you're like me and don't care for the taste of beer.

Let me know if you try it and what you thought...

Steve

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 08:13:07 pm »
We call that drunken chicken around here!  It is delicious, though!!!

Somehow, this is a more appetizing title!!   ;)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 07:48:50 am »
Personally, I'm not a beer drinker Steve

Can't you be deported for that?  Or are Canadian left Coasters a little different just like American left coasters?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 07:48:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42