What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter Rinsing  (Read 7109 times)

txwillie

Filter Rinsing
« on: January 11, 2005, 03:31:39 pm »
Does anyone have a really good method for rinsing out the filters after using the cleaner? I've seen posts that mention using the dishwasher, and while that might work, the idea just does not apeal to me (outdoor stuff stays outdoors).

After my last filter cleaning I rinsed each with the hose for at least 15 minutes and interspersed that with soaking in buckets of clean water, and I still got some foam when they were reinstalled. Then it hit me. My million dollar idea. A cannot fail, simple, fast, easy way to get every bit of soap out with no chance of damage due to high pressure. I think it may even be patentable, but I'd like to hear how ya'll do it to see if I'm really onto something new or if anyone (or everyone) with a little creativity has come up with something similar.

If after a few days, I don't get at least one reply with the same or similar idea, I'll think that I really am onto something new and will begin looking into the possibility of a patent and marketing potential. Anybody willing to help out a dumb ol' engineer like me?

txwillie

Hot Tub Forum

Filter Rinsing
« on: January 11, 2005, 03:31:39 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Filter Rinsing
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 03:46:35 pm »
Anybody willing to help out a dumb ol' engineer like me?

txwillie

Well, its public record here now I have no ideas, so if you want to pm me your idea, I can try it out sometime and see its merits if  you want additional testing  I use to be a QC Manager
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

txwillie

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 03:56:27 pm »
Sorry wmccall, et.al., but I'm not telling unless someone posts something very similar to my idea. If it is new and has not been patented, it could be worth something. Ya ever hear of Post-It's? Ok, maybe I'm just a bit full of myself.....

txwilllie

txwillie

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 08:40:13 am »
no advice on rinsing the filters? is it due to the perception that I am holding back?

txwillie

nicker

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 09:55:15 am »
how about a hint ;D

Saldog

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 10:33:51 am »
how bout rinsing in the rinse cycle of your washer? :o

txwillie

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 11:04:33 am »
how bout rinsing in the rinse cycle of your washer? :o

Can you say "shredded mess"?

Oh come on guys and gals, play along. There is a hint in another post that deals with another topic. Not sure if that is where my brainstorm came from or not.

txwillie

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 11:16:34 am »
Anybody willing to help out a dumb ol' engineer like me?

txwillie

Don't put yourself down like that Willie.  I think it would be cool to drive a train and pull the "choo choo" whistle cord.     ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 11:24:21 am »
I dunno ???...Rinsing with a garden hose has always worked fine for most...

Steve

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 11:32:05 am »
Let us not forget the "putting it on a pole/stake and using the hose" thread that gave some real ideas....     :o

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 11:35:37 am »
Owning a spa company, the best way that I have found is to bring them into the store and let an employee do it for me! ;D

Actually I've posted this several times that the easiest thing in the world is to drive a piece of pipe into the ground and set the filter over it then spray it while it spins on the pipe!

Several people have come up with inventions over the years that work however they all price themselves out of the market!

UnderTheStars

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 12:07:05 pm »
I briefly thought about building a canister out of 8"pvc w/a threaded fitting on top that connects to a narrow "input tube."  If you build the thing so the ends seal against the ends of the filter, the water is forced in the center of the filter and sort of "backflows" to the outside.  You let the water out by drilling a series of holes around the top of the outer case.  A short hose connects it to the kitchen faucet & just let it sit in the sink to rinse. . . :o

But then I decided it was too much work & I went over to WSD's for martinis instead.   8)

JLB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 12:17:13 pm »
 A guy at work said he uses bleach and water to clean his filter instead  of a "filter cleaner" and he has no foam. What do you guys think of this idea. I wolud like to try it, but I don't want to mess with water chem. I  think I'm rinsing enough but I see foam from my "cleaner" also .   ???

UnderTheStars

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 12:24:09 pm »
I'm thinking think that some amount of body oil ends up in the filter material.  Does bleach disolve oil?  Pretty sure the fillter cleaners will.  But I could be wrong again!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 12:44:26 pm »
But then I decided it was too much work & I went over to WSD's for martinis instead.   8)

Dude!  Come on over today and we can drink another to the 14th anniversary of my 38th birthday....and I'll make sure those olives are just like you like'em..... ;)

(This post modified due to an unexplainable attack of "oldtimer's" disease on WSD's part.  Apologies have been forwarded to UTS. :-[  Now back to your regularly scheduled posts.....)  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 09:35:58 am by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 12:44:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42