What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New spa foamy  (Read 2203 times)

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
New spa foamy
« on: January 10, 2005, 06:41:23 pm »
My new envoy seems to have a lot of foam. Could any this be because it's new?
How long will it take to balance chemicals? I am using ozone in the spa.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

New spa foamy
« on: January 10, 2005, 06:41:23 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: New spa foamy
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 06:58:30 pm »
My new envoy seems to have a lot of foam. Could any this be because it's new?

Here are a few suspects:

1) Do not wash swimsuits with the regular laundry and hop in the spa. You transfer detergent residue every time you do this. Rinse only or secondary rinse on all suits is key. I use this to explain to my wife why its best to skip the suits altogether.

2) Certainly things like shampoo residual and underarm deodorant add to the problem but how far do you want to take it. Some shower before use and it certainly helps but its not something we do at my house unless its been an overly active day.

3) Understand that lotions, sun block, cosmetics, moisturizers, etc. certainly add to your issue and try to limit their entrance into your spa as best you can.

I'm not sure you want to stand beside the spa and hose people down before they go in but at a minimum you need to realize what the issues are.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 07:36:40 pm »
I had foam in my spa the first week or two.  If it is so bad, get something to scoop the foam out.  I was also using a defoamer that I diluted in a spray bottle and would only spray on the areas where the foam was.

Remember about the suits, if you have guests over, either ask them to rinse their suits in the washing machine or you do it before you go in.   I think this, plus not dunking the heads will help.

Jonathan

nicker

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:26:50 pm »
I had the same problem and found it to be the suites.   I keep my suite aside and only use it in the tub.

Or you could have a no suite policy for the ladies 8)

I also found that if  (mostly kids do this) but dunk their heads under the water their seems to be more foam.

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 01:21:39 am »
I have also found that brand new suit's that have never been washed are also a problem with foam. We see the results of brand new suit very rapidly. Foam City!

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 02:53:19 pm »
Joker,... It has got to be the suits. Make a spa useage checklist,

#1 No suits.

Enjoy...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 02:53:54 pm by hottubber »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 02:57:49 pm »
Also, a HotSpring dealer who frequents this board, who has gone away because he is extremely busy, always suggests a water change after the first month of ownership.  (Chas' law)

I know you haven't had yours a month, but maybe if you switch out the water, then the foaming will go away.  It seems to work, since there may be stuff growing in the pipes of the spa during shipment, and while waiting to be delivered.

If Chas were here, he would say to change your water.  That is the cheapest chemical you can add to your spa!

Good luck!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 02:57:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42