What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Privacy for Spa (non-permanent)  (Read 4632 times)

wrobo

• Go Buckeyes !!!
Privacy for Spa (non-permanent)
« on: December 30, 2004, 12:11:32 pm »
Hello All,

I am a month and a half into my new Niagara, and other than a few minor water issues (that the clarifier seemed to take care of), all is going extremely well.

To my question.  I am looking for a way to gain privacy on one side of the spa.  I am looking to get something that will block the neighbors' site behind us.  At the same time, I want to be able to move it if we ever have a party.  Are there any products premade that will fit my need?  Maybe if anyone in this forum has made something themselves, that were in a similar situation, they could share?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Hot Tub Forum

Privacy for Spa (non-permanent)
« on: December 30, 2004, 12:11:32 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Privacy for Spa (non-permanent)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 12:35:36 pm »
Hello All,

I am a month and a half into my new Niagara, and other than a few minor water issues (that the clarifier seemed to take care of), all is going extremely well.

To my question.  I am looking for a way to gain privacy on one side of the spa.  I am looking to get something that will block the neighbors' site behind us.  At the same time, I want to be able to move it if we ever have a party.  Are there any products premade that will fit my need?  Maybe if anyone in this forum has made something themselves, that were in a similar situation, they could share?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Buy an 8 ft section of plastic fence with lattice top, two posts and two plastic planters. Mount posts to the section of fence put the posts in the planters, pour some sackrete in the planters and you now have a movable privacy blind....

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 02:21:07 pm »
Buy an 8 ft section of plastic fence with lattice top, two posts and two plastic planters. Mount posts to the section of fence put the posts in the planters, pour some sackrete in the planters and you now have a movable privacy blind....

Great idea Stuart, I wonder how that would hold up to the winds we get up here.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 06:54:17 pm »

Great idea Stuart, I wonder how that would hold up to the winds we get up here.

You would have to do what I did and make two sides that attach together so they support one another. Even at that I've had 70 MPH winds knock it down but that plastic is pretty tough!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 07:13:26 pm »
You could always close your eyes, so they can't see you!

Or try this:

Shown with a bunch of steps and such. You can order it without the roof, and you can assemble it with the side panels higher or lower than shown.
Sylvan Settings
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 07:13:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42