What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally bought a spa  (Read 4020 times)

csutton

Finally bought a spa
« on: December 18, 2004, 04:52:53 pm »
Wanted to say thanks to all of the good info I received in the past few weeks.  After debating between the HS Vanguard and the Caldera Hawiian for the past two weeks, we ended up buying the Grandee!  I had no intentions of even looking at the Grandee.  We had decided on the Vanguard but I was hesitant with the amount of room in the spa.  I then started looking at the Vista and I was going to buy that.  THe dealer was going to sell it to me for $7995 for the 05.  When I got to the register to stroke the check I realized that the Grandee was only a few hundred bucks more.  I mentioned that to my wife and that was all it took.  We had been in the store for an hour debating between the Vanguard and Vista and then I threw this in the mix!  
We sat in the Grandee and made up our minds imediately.  The dealer sold me the new 05 Grandee for the 04 price of $8295.  
When it was all said and done I felt that the $700 difference between the Vanguard and the Grandee was well worth the size difference, not to mention comfort with more than four people.  
With a purchase of this size, I did not want to be wishing yrs from now that I would have bought a bigger spa.  
This spa search is no where as easy as I thought it would be.  Thankfully I made up my mind and now just get to wait to have it delivered!
Thanks again for the good info here.

Hot Tub Forum

Finally bought a spa
« on: December 18, 2004, 04:52:53 pm »

850-R

Re: Finally bought a spa
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 04:55:50 pm »
What are the differences in the 04 vs 05 Grandee??

csutton

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 05:00:06 pm »
Not much from what I undersand.  The dealer only had the 04 on the showroom floor and would sell it to me a little cheaper but I would have to wait until he got the 05 in to replace it on his floor.  Understandable since he does not want to have an empty floor.  It seems that prices are going up on the 05 but he sold it to me at the 04 price since I bought before the end of yr.  
I feel like I got a good deal and I bought from a dealer that I got a good feeling about.

850-R

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 05:14:37 pm »
I have a 04 on order and my dealer said there were no changes between the 04 and 05 but now I hear there maybe a different motomassage on the 05.  I asked my dealer but I am not sure if he would be honest since I have an 04 ordered.  Could you call and ask yours?? I am anxious to find out casue I am supposed to get delivery Monday but if there is a difference I might wait and pay more for an 05...

Thanks so Much
Niles

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 06:15:43 pm »
Csutton,

Congratulations!  You just learned why picking a tub is a very grueling, personal experience!!!

I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy that Grandee!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 08:29:38 pm »
What are the differences in the 04 vs 05 Grandee??

About three or four hundred dollars.

And a new color, and the color-changing light option is now standard.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

850-R

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 12:27:16 am »
So I shouldnt worry that I am gonna be disappionted in 2 months when I see the 05 Grandee??  and I just bought the 04??

csutton

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 12:32:20 pm »
850-r,
I would not worry about it.  I think the biggest changes were to the Vanguard.  I didn't get the 04 for the fact that it was a floor model and the dealer was going to get me the 05 for the same price.  

tvaughan

• Hot Springs Grandee Owner
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 01:13:49 pm »
Csutton

Congratulations!  The Grandee is a great tub.  I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

My wife and I felt that same as you about the spa search.  It might very well be one of the hardest purchase choices we've ever made.

"Happy Holiday"
            -Tom-

tvaughan

• Hot Springs Grandee Owner
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 01:20:03 pm »
I am anxious to find out casue I am supposed to get delivery Monday but if there is a difference I might wait and pay more for an 05...

Thanks so Much
Niles

850-R,
  Monday night after you're finished with the fill and having your first soak you will be so happy you didn't wait.   :)  You've made a good choice and you have a good purchase price.  I say relax and enjoy.

"Happy Holiday"
     -Tom-

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 03:11:59 pm »
So I shouldnt worry that I am gonna be disappionted in 2 months when I see the 05 Grandee??  and I just bought the 04??

No - really. The new tubs will have the new color available: which doesn't mean you will like it anyway - and the color-chagning light will be standard on all tubs. It's standard now on Pearl and White.

Otherwise, you can just smile, soak, and know that you saved some money and have the same tub as folks who waited.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 03:26:55 pm »
CS -Choosing can be stressful, looks like you kept a great attitude, now for the best far, the first day.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 02:34:59 pm »
Congrats, cs.....may the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water.....
And it sounds as if you got a great deal compared to the HS prices I was quoted about 8 months ago.
Way to go! 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 02:34:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42