What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: Marquis dealers and owners  (Read 2437 times)

Pooldevil

Re: Marquis dealers and owners
« on: December 01, 2004, 08:18:32 am »
Hi Elle
Sounds like you should be asking Marquis themselves !
It really comes down to which ever is easiest.
The control board can be changed in well under an hour.
The diverter takes 5 minutes.
The jets take 5 minutes to change.
The two pump system on the Euphoria only runs one pump on filter cycle with a two minute fast flush on both pumps ... thats normal.
As for the kick in on the pump ... this can only be judged by yourself.
( I assume you have removed the polystrene transit / packing block behind the pump ?)
I have had some noise / vibration on a Euphoria but all I did was remove the pump fixing nuts and washers. (only needed in transit)
You should be able to sort out these bits in a couple of hours.
Having said that , if your customer is not happy than yes have it changed ..... but remember every new tub can have these small start up problems .. and I mean all makes .. Marquis are far better than most !!
I have a Euphoria at home and it can't be beaten !

Hot Tub Forum

« on: December 01, 2004, 08:18:32 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 10:35:05 am »
I'm curious, was your spa wrapped in the Marquis packing when it arrived?

I think if it were up to me I would not want to go through the hassle of moving a spa in and out again but would ask Marquis to expedite the repair of what needs to be taken care of and I would ask for concession of Maybe some extra frog cartridges or something.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 10:50:00 am »
Without ANY question, if you're UNHAPPY, demand a NEW tub.

One thing that really BUGS me on this forum is the number of people who seem to have MAJOR problems with their $7,000 to $10,000 spas. I'm sure there are lots of others out there who don't, but the ones that do need to demand IMMEDIATE satisfaction, regardless of what reasons are given for the problems. If the dealer is solid (like almost all the dealers who post here regularly) they will do what it takes to make you happy.

Elle, if you bought a top of the line side-by-side refrigerator at BestBuy for $3,500 and, after it was delivered, the control panel didn't work, the ice maker hissed loudly, the shelves kept falling out, the motor could be heard in your bedroom, and the freezer worked only half the time, would you be happy if the GE repair tech came out 3 or 4 times and said, "don't worry, we can fix it?"

I DON'T THINK SO!

Do what it takes to get satisfaction.

Good luck and, if I can help, post back or PM me.

Drewski

>:(  
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 12:07:00 pm »
I would say that the repairs on this tub should make it equal to getting a new one trucked in. None of these issues qualify the tub as a "lemon" IMO. If we were talking about a shell crack or a redundant issue where the same issue makes you think a repair will not last then getting a new one would have more merit.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 02:11:55 pm »
I agree with ST (although I hate when I do that!)

Elle

• Underpromise; overdeliver.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 04:50:38 pm »
I would say that the repairs on this tub should make it equal to getting a new one trucked in. None of these issues qualify the tub as a "lemon" IMO. If we were talking about a shell crack or a redundant issue where the same issue makes you think a repair will not last then getting a new one would have more merit.

Okay, I can understand that BUT, if all these things are wrong right out of the box it makes us question the things that could be wrong that we can't easily see under the foam (tubing etc).

And like the analogy of the fridge...my husband compared it to a plasma tv that you bring home and fire up and the screen is a mess.  Well, you can bet your bottom dollar that you'd box that puppy back up and run in back to the store where you bought it in about a half a second.  The problem here is the "plasma tv" weighs a ton and a half.

and as an update...spoke with Marquis today and they are more than willing to make everything right for us.  This is a stand up company and thank God for that.

Elle

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 04:50:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42