What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: he Hot Spring Grandee vs. Jacuzzi J-375  (Read 6464 times)

ebba

• Water dissolving..... and water removing.....
he Hot Spring Grandee vs. Jacuzzi J-375
« on: November 24, 2004, 09:22:47 am »
Hi Everyone,

Well, after looking at and wet testing spas by Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Caldera, D1, Sundance, Sweetwater, Master and Tiger River, I think I've narrowed it down to two hot tubs.  The Hot Spring Grandee or the Jacuzzi J-375.  I like each of them for different reasons.  I like the open seating in the Grandee, but after wet testing again on Saturday, it seems like it might be almost too open.  I like the diversity of the seating in the J-375, including the Lounge.  The HS dealer seems like more of a Full Service dealer, he only sells hot tubs and saunas, but he's about 25 miles away.  The Jacuzzi dealer is smaller, he only has 3 tubs on display, he sells mostly wood stoves and some hot tubs, but he's right down the street from my office.  I drive by several times a day.  The price on the two spas is within $500 of eachother, so price is not the issue.  The main factors I'm still considering are:  Is it better to deal with a larger dealer who is 25 miles away or a smaller dealer who I could walk to.  Are these two spas comparable, or is one better than the other?  Energy efficiency is important to me, is one substantially more efficient than the other?  The Jacuzzi dealer carries four brands, he's had Jacuzzi for some time now, but because he's smaller I am slightly concerned about what would happen if he dropped the Jacuzzi line.  Would I still be able to get warranty service?  Do I need a dealer who offers computerized water testing?  How often does one need to go to the dealer for assistance?  Am I overly concerned about the 25 mile distance to the HS dealer?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

he Hot Spring Grandee vs. Jacuzzi J-375
« on: November 24, 2004, 09:22:47 am »

Chris_H

Re: he Hot Spring Grandee vs. Jacuzzi J-375
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 09:46:38 am »
Ebba,
Answers to your questions.

“Is it better to deal with a larger dealer who is 25 miles away or a smaller dealer who I could walk to.”
This shouldn’t be a major concern because the dealer that is 25 miles away is a full service dealer, and most problems can be corrected over the phone.

“Are these two spas comparable, or is one better than the other?”
They are somewhat comparable, but most experts would agree that the Hotspring is a tad better than the Jacuzzi.  In terms of warranty, the Hotspring is better than the Jacuzzi.  

“Energy efficiency is important to me, is one substantially more efficient than the other?”
The Hotspring will be a little more energy efficient than the Jacuzzi, but not substantially to be a deciding factor.

“The Jacuzzi dealer carries four brands, he's had Jacuzzi for some time now, but because he's smaller I am slightly concerned about what would happen if he dropped the Jacuzzi line.  Would I still be able to get warranty service?”
I can’t help you with that, but you should be able to get a service technician out there.  However, to get that service man out, you may have to pay a per-trip charge.

“Do I need a dealer who offers computerized water testing?”
It doesn’t hurt, but don’t make it a deciding factor.

“How often does one need to go to the dealer for assistance?”  
Depends on the consumer.

“Am I overly concerned about the 25 mile distance to the HS dealer?”
It isn’t that far away, and as said before most concerns can be dealt with over the phone.  

If you want to know where I stand, I would buy the Grandee in Pearl and Gray.  That is the best color combination available on the market.  Just my opinion.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 10:57:23 am »
First off welcome aboard hope you are soaking soon!

I think the price diff of $500 might be a bit suspect.  Either you are getting a great deal on the Grandee or a high price on the J-375.  Search this forum for pricing info.  I am assuming that both tubs came with equal add ons like, ozone, cover lifter, steps, chems, etc....

I wouldn't worry so much about the 25 miles to the HS dealer.  The question to ask is, is this dealer going to be able to come to you and service my needs properly and timely?  If your spa has a problem in January and it freezing outside, is he going to get there quickly to fix the problem.  A dealer that only sells hot tubs, IMHO, will probably be the better dealer for you.

Hot Spring claims to have very high energy efficiency, compared to the J-375, I am not sure.

Have you compared the filtration systems on the two?  I know the Hot Spring does not have bypass filtration.  I am much happier knowing that whatever 'stuff' comes off my body will have to pass thru a filter before it is shot back thru the jets onto me.  That is a big deal to me and my wife.

Have you looked into a Hot Spring Vista?  It has a lounge and is similar to the Grandee.

I am a little biased towards Hot Springs, I own a Pearl Vista and love it.

Jonathan

ebba

• Water dissolving..... and water removing.....
Re: Hot Spring Grandee vs. Jacuzzi J-375
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 02:58:44 pm »
Thanks,
I was thinking about trying the Vista, but didn't want to confuse myself even more.  Maybe I should give it a try.
In regards to the pricing, I got prices of $7000 for the J-375, $7500 for the Grandee, and $7900 for the Vista.  All include cover lifter, steps, ozone system, chemicals, delivery, GFCI brkr.  Does that sound about right?
Do you think I'd miss the lounger if I went with the Grandee?  
Thanks again!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Spring Grandee vs. Jacuzzi J-375
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 04:16:04 pm »
Do you think I'd miss the lounger if I went with the Grandee?  

If I had to guess I'd day "No" but everyone has their own tastes. I do not have a lounger and have a spa with open seating because I think lounges are overrated (the saying is that many who buy a lounge spa do not do so the 2nd time around) and I wanted the open seating as we're a family of 5 who do not sit still.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 04:30:01 pm »
I think the pricing you recieved from the Hot Spring dealer is very good compared to what I paid for my Vista.

I personally like the lounge.  I allows you to really stretch your body out and relax.  Can't hurt to try it and see what you think.

If I have a family of 5, I would've purchased the grandee instead, but since there are only 4 of us, the Vista is perfect.  

Jonathan

PS: Have I told you that I love my Hot Spring Spa!  ;)  

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 08:53:09 pm »
get the Hotspings for $7500 and if you would like a lounger get the Jacuzzi for $7000 witch is a great price with cover lifter and delivery.My next spa will be with a Loungeragain,I love looking up at the stars at night and its more easy laying back looking up at the sky.If you think you will have more then 4 people in at a time get the Hotsprings....Most people only have maybe 2 or 3 people in at a time but then again i might be wrong...Jt

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 09:22:17 pm »
Those are great HS prices.  Looks like you could get the HS Envoy with a lounger for well under 7000 based on the Grandee price.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 10:57:22 pm »
I have the J370 (2003 model) and like the lounger but your price on the Grandee is very good. I personally don't like Vita's for a number of reasons but mainly because I feel they are overpriced for what they are (One step beliw the Hot Springs or the Jacuzzi IMHO).
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 10:57:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42