What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozone Question  (Read 1645 times)

Cack

• Optima Owner
Ozone Question
« on: November 24, 2004, 12:06:22 pm »
I am developing a brown mark from my ozone outlet, along the bottom of the tub, and up and across the foot dome.  What is this and how do I get rid of it?  I tried to scrub it off - didn't work.  I added stain remover to the water - didn't work.  I talked to two dealers and one said he never heard of such a thing and the other only said that it was a reaction between the ozone and the dichlor.  He had no idea how to get rid of it.  BTW, I filled the tub in early October.  I am using Nature2 and dichlor, and I keep my water chemistry where is supposed to be.   Any advice in removing and preventing this eyesore will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving,

Cack

Hot Tub Forum

Ozone Question
« on: November 24, 2004, 12:06:22 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Ozone Question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 12:19:51 pm »
I am developing a brown mark from my ozone outlet, along the bottom of the tub, and up and across the foot dome.  What is this and how do I get rid of it?  I tried to scrub it off - didn't work.  I added stain remover to the water - didn't work.  I talked to two dealers and one said he never heard of such a thing and the other only said that it was a reaction between the ozone and the dichlor.  He had no idea how to get rid of it.  BTW, I filled the tub in early October.  I am using Nature2 and dichlor, and I keep my water chemistry where is supposed to be.   Any advice in removing and preventing this eyesore will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving,

Cack

It's very common and the dealer that said they've never heard of it must be new to the industry! It is a reaction of the minerals in the water to the ozone and you should be able to prevent it in the future with Protect Plus, Stain and Scale or some other form of sequestering agent. These will not remove it but help prevent it. When you drain and refill the spa the next time you should be able to clean it with a little baking soda or white vinegar. I've seen people disconnect the intake tube on the Mazzi injector that draws ozone into the spa (disconnect at the check valve) and dip the tube in a cup of white vinegar with the circ pump running. This should draw the vinegar into the spa and clean the jet.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Ozone Question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 12:19:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42