What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Open Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)??  (Read 3416 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Open Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)??
« on: November 23, 2004, 10:21:46 am »
Are you going to be open on the Friday after Thanksgiving? Other than you Christmas store people, do you get any traffic  on "The busiest retail day of the year?"

Shoppers: do you stop by to pick up a bottle of 'Brother-in-law-Gone" while you're out at Wally World snapping up those early Christmas bargains?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Open Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)??
« on: November 23, 2004, 10:21:46 am »

poolboy34

Re: Open Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)??
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 11:28:49 am »
We're open on the media annointed "busiest Shopping day of the Year."  The past two years we've had minimal traffic, mostly just existing customers picking up supplies for the winter, as we usually send out a newsletter this time of year with coupons that have discounts on Spa Care stuff.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 11:30:46 am »
We're always open the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving.

We sell quite a few chemicals because of extra family and friends using the hottub.

I've also sold big ticket items for early Christmas presents.

Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year and some of that traffic is bound to flow our way!

We also check with our competition to see what their holiday hours are. ;)

Spahappy :D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 12:23:25 pm »
My dealer will be open and he says its a busy day for him.   Part of it may be location.   I was born in Erie, Pa where I will be this weekend.   There is no force on earth that could get me anywhere near Upper Peach St on Friday.  However, the spa dealers I know aren't anywhere near there.  Upper Peach in Erie as the town's only Mall and every major national retailer and restaurant chain is on that road.  

Back in Columbus the spa dealerships I know of are no where near the biggest malls and I can imagine traffic would not be bad around thier areas. (By not bad, I mean not gridlocked. Those areas will still have lots of traffic, but will be easily accessible)  If I was shopping for a spa today ,I would use the weekday day-off to comparison shop and then take my wife back to the ones I liked best. (I will not see my wife from 6am to 11pm that day)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 12:39:51 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 12:57:24 pm »
I will be heading to my Grandparents house on black Friday this year (hubby has to work Thanksgiving Day)!  I don't do any shopping on that day (but hubby does)!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 02:01:57 pm »
Well I'll have the one store open, and I'll be sitting in it. Alone. Most likely bored.

We're going to Palmdale for T-giving day. Ever heard of Palmdale? Look up "Too hot unless it's freezing," and you'll find a picture of it.  Two hour drive each way - and guess who lives there? My brother-in-law. Oh boy.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 02:32:59 pm »
Well I'll have the one store open, and I'll be sitting in it. Alone. Most likely bored.

Email me and we will exchange stories of the boredom! I will be on the other side of the country doing the same thing.... 8)

Funny,
It seems every time I take the day-after-holiday-watch by myself though I can't keep up with the traffic yet if I bring in the whole crew not one customer shows up!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 08:41:56 pm »
Funny,
It seems every time I take the day-after-holiday-watch by myself though I can't keep up with the traffic yet if I bring in the whole crew not one customer shows up!
That is a major component of Murphy’s law: Find it in the "Retail Addendum."

Same here !!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 12:22:28 am »

Same here !!

Whats even worse is if you make them work and don't get good traffic your an ogre but if you give them the day off and get overrun your a fool! ;)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 10:57:53 am »

Same here !!

This time of the year we are a two man operation (retail any way). I know Murphy is watching everytime my boss steps out for lunch, thats when "the bus" pulls in:
Two tub shoppers, 3 water tests and someone else looking for directions. Of corse the phone is ringing off the hook.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 11:12:34 am »

This time of the year we are a two man operation (retail any way). I know Murphy is watching everytime my boss steps out for lunch, thats when "the bus" pulls in:
Two tub shoppers, 3 water tests and someone else looking for directions. Of corse the phone is ringing off the hook.

HTM

With Pool Tables and Game Tables we need at least 3 people on the floor at all times and 5 on Saturday to keep up with traffic!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 11:12:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42