What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemicals  (Read 6858 times)

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: Chemicals
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 08:43:46 am »
There is also that Walmart kit that is $15 and has the same tests, Chlorine, ph, alk, cya, calcium.  It has worked great for me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 08:43:46 am »

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 11:46:40 am »
I'm with Steve - any properly mantained sanitizing system works and... I like Bromine. Ever since having to take care of a pool since i was 12 I've used chlorine in pools and spas. My most recent spa purchase has the built in Frog bromine system so I gave it a try.

I've been very happy with bromine and have no issues and no smell. I find it a lot simpler and easier than having to add a bit of chlorine after every time I use the tub. For what it's worth I also have on hand dichlor for when I need to bring sanitation level up quickly as I've found that it will disipate quicker than a large dose of bromine.
e

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 12:32:45 pm »
I am with empologation and Steve, bromine system is great. If you could use it with mineral systems, I think more Americans would be using bromine.

Unfortunately for Steve and I, mineral systems are not an option. The Canuck government will not give the stamp of approval. But do we need it?

People used tubs for years without ozone. It became an option and then a staple. It seems that mineral systems are following the same path.
Homeworks Financing Representative

salesdvl

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 04:48:26 pm »
Hey, I'll trade ya some mineral packs for some Rx.  I'll meet ya at the border.  ;)

When you see me the code phrase will be " Is that a FROG in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
Measure once, cut twice.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2004, 08:12:05 am »
" Is that a FROG in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

gawd......I hope it's a frog with all that jumpin' around......
;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2004, 10:05:21 am »
There is also that Walmart kit that is $15 and has the same tests, Chlorine, ph, alk, cya, calcium.  It has worked great for me.

This is the $15 kit that is available at my Walmart

http://www.hthpools.com/eprise/main/WaterChemicals/HTH_Classic/Content/productguide/ACCES/Product5WYTSTKT.htm
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 05:12:02 pm »
gawd......I hope it's a frog with all that jumpin' around......
 ;D

You know how I hate to brag.  :o
Measure once, cut twice.

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 06:54:07 pm »

This is the $15 kit that is available at my Walmart

http://www.hthpools.com/eprise/main/WaterChemicals/HTH_Classic/Content/productguide/ACCES/Product5WYTSTKT.htm

None listed in on line Wally World and I think all of the stores did a clearance last month. Some might have some left overs. Shucks. I can do $15 all day!

Somebody snag me one!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2004, 06:59:22 pm »
Our local WalMart still has these, I picked one up the other day.  I did have to go hunting a bit.  They have a pretty small selection of spa chemicals, and the kits.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 07:17:55 pm »

None listed in on line Wally World and I think all of the stores did a clearance last month. Some might have some left overs. Shucks. I can do $15 all day!

Somebody snag me one!

They are considered a seasonal item, look for them again in January.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2004, 10:05:40 am »

You know how I hate to brag.  :o

Since when?? :D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2004, 11:42:28 am »

Somebody snag me one!

They don't show them on-line.  The one in my area carries the AquaChem brand.  I did have to go to a Walmart on the other side of town (the one close to me did not have any more on the shelves).  You may have dig to find one.

david

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2004, 07:19:10 pm »
Just got my hot tub but no electric yet
Came with leisure chemicals.  Counted 8 different ones.  
Can everyone detail there regiment including brand of chemicals-chlorine, when you treat both after use and inbetween, and where is the best place to get the chemicals, i.e. spa store, WalMart, internet
Thanks.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2004, 07:49:02 pm »
I like Dichlor. I dose it after each use, shock once per month or after a crowd gets out.

No smell, except right after a shock.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2004, 07:49:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42