What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where's The Fridge?  (Read 4810 times)

Zoo

Where's The Fridge?
« on: November 14, 2004, 09:02:56 pm »
Well,

I finally saw a Thermospa ad! It was about a one minute spot with the offer for free video, $1000 rebate etc. Wow, talk about fluffy features! Towel warmers, pop-up LCD TV, and A FRIDGE! What an important feature!
  To the dealers out there that sell spas that are more directed towards hydrotherapy than frills how do you compete with this? Do you try to sell the potential customer on spa contruction, jet placement, quality etc? If a potential customer is all gung-ho on fibre-optic lighting and LCD TVs and you are selling Watkins, Marquis whatever do you just let them buy their Coast, Thermospa, Cal Spa?
   Weird question, just wondering...

Zoo

Hot Tub Forum

Where's The Fridge?
« on: November 14, 2004, 09:02:56 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Where's The Fridge?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 09:45:18 am »
First of all not every customer is looking for TV's etc...Some customers of mine agree when I tell them that most of the time going to your backyard spa is a retreat from noise and gadgets etc...
Secondly re: Thermospa.  They do not offer a way to test soak since they are a traveling band of gypsies.  If a customer is willing to buy from a door to door salesman based on a picture in his briefcase then they deserve what they get.
I have not had to oppose the FRIDGE question yet but my first response would be that spas are primarily a winter item and keeping your beer cold isnt a problem in a small cooler.  Also, there are only so many amps.  If you are going to have a TV, fridge, towel warmer & lighting etc in one spa something is going to have to be sacrificed or you are going to have to upgrade your service maybe.
As a dealer we carried a line for a few years that did TV's and found alot of service issues.  We have concluded that some things should be left alone.  
Measure once, cut twice.

spaguyohio

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 10:11:43 am »
agreed. I could have gotten a Master Spa with the tv, surround sound, etc all built into it. I opted to get away from that, and just keep the marvelous hydrotherapy I get from my MS instead. Its like anything else - the more bells and whistles you add, the more likely youll have something break in the long run. Thats why I never bought all in one home stereo systems, I always opted for individual components.

A boombox from Sams Club or Walmart is easier to replace than stereo in a spa if it breaks.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 11:13:20 am »
I don't understand why anyone would buy a spa sight unseen, let alone without a wet test.
Glossy brouchures, videos, web site pix, nothing comes close to seeing the spa in action.
Brewman
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 11:18:01 am »
I'm still waiting for a spa with a built-in microwave oven.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 11:43:02 am »
I'm still waiting for a spa with a built-in microwave oven.

But what about waiting 30 minutes before you in the water after eating?
Homeworks Financing Representative

aquaman

• justice league is on the hot line !
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 05:56:53 pm »
good one HoTubMan!!

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 09:26:10 pm »

But what about waiting 30 minutes before you in the water after eating?

Wow. I always thought it was "Eat for 30 minutes before you go into water."   :-[
Measure once, cut twice.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 02:38:12 am »
I take it you guys don't have your wine rack ref located next to your tub (You know, the ones you can get from Home Depot now for about $200)? Can't think of a better option. Too lazy to get out of the tub but just feel the need for a third bottle of Melot (or better yet champaigne)? Just reach out and ... Hmm, where to put the corkscrew?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 08:02:42 am »
I was recently in a local drug store, I was out runing errands and I had several things to get and stopped at the drug store because I could get most of them, even though none of them were drugs, either prescription or over the counter. The only thing I couldn't find was a quart of motor oil. I walked to the check out and asked if they had motor oil.  The teenage brat behind the counter said in her most irratated voice, "Why would you expect to find motor oil in a drug store?"  I turned and pointed to a 10' inflatable Brutus buckeye and mentioned that if I could find that, motor oil shouldn't be too bizarre.    

Anyway there seems to be a proliferation of these home inflatable things equiped with motors to keep the inflation going.  How about an inflatable tunnel to be used as a walkway on cold windy days?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

UnderTheStars

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 11:13:53 pm »
Anyway there seems to be a proliferation of these home inflatable things equiped with motors to keep the inflation going.  How about an inflatable tunnel to be used as a walkway on cold windy days?

Now that's scary - I'm getting an image of those off-white canvas domes they put ice rinks in. . .   :o

"It's the all new 10 x 12 SpaDome!"

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 11:13:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42