Original > Hot Tub Forum

Order new tub With Circulation pump -or- Without? Why or Why Not?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Davekro:

--- Quote from: cranbiz on December 26, 2023, 08:00:48 am ---My circulation pump is available 24/7 but only actually runs when the temperature needs attention.
--- End quote ---

My understanding of a 24/7 Circ. pump is that it litterally runs 24/7 regardless heating cycles, and only temporarily shuts down when you are in the tub and running the main Jet pumps. I could be wrong. My 1982 bare bones hot tub had only one pump. For heating it would run on a low speed.

--- Quote from: cranbiz on December 26, 2023, 08:00:48 am ---My tub has 2 single speed pumps in addition to the circulation pump. I cannot program either pump to run as a circulation pump nor do I see the need to.
--- End quote ---

Interesting. Are your two 'single speed' pumps both high speed? So each powers half the jets at high speed and your jet control is simply: "On"(high speed)/"Off", as opposed Low/ High/ Off? Or is one a low RPM and the other a high RPM pump?

--- Quote from: cranbiz on December 26, 2023, 08:00:48 am ---Yes, I can schedule filter cycles that use the main pumps. My current schedule is 2X a day for 2 hours.

--- End quote ---

So your Jet Pump filter cycle runs at the same (high) speed/pressure through all jets as when you are soaking and using the jets?

cranbiz:
A 24/7 circulation pump means it will run when needed without your control. Not to worry, I thought the same as you when I first got my tub.

Yes, my main pumps would be considered high speed. When i turn on the jets, they are one flow from the pump. I control intensity with either the diverter valve or at the face of the jet.

Correct, the filter cycle runs everything at the only available speed I have.

BullFrogSpasMN:

--- Quote from: Davekro on December 26, 2023, 01:31:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: cranbiz on December 26, 2023, 08:00:48 am ---My circulation pump is available 24/7 but only actually runs when the temperature needs attention.
--- End quote ---

My understanding of a 24/7 Circ. pump is that it litterally runs 24/7 regardless heating cycles, and only temporarily shuts down when you are in the tub and running the main Jet pumps. I could be wrong. My 1982 bare bones hot tub had only one pump. For heating it would run on a low speed.

--- Quote from: cranbiz on December 26, 2023, 08:00:48 am ---My tub has 2 single speed pumps in addition to the circulation pump. I cannot program either pump to run as a circulation pump nor do I see the need to.
--- End quote ---

Interesting. Are your two 'single speed' pumps both high speed? So each powers half the jets at high speed and your jet control is simply: "On"(high speed)/"Off", as opposed Low/ High/ Off? Or is one a low RPM and the other a high RPM pump?

--- Quote from: cranbiz on December 26, 2023, 08:00:48 am ---Yes, I can schedule filter cycles that use the main pumps. My current schedule is 2X a day for 2 hours.

--- End quote ---

So your Jet Pump filter cycle runs at the same (high) speed/pressure through all jets as when you are soaking and using the jets?

--- End quote ---

Not all circ pumps run 24/7, some companies like Bullfrog use a larger circulation pump that is programmable, what you will program it for will depend on a few things..how often are you using it, what type of climate you are in, what type of water care system you are using, etc.

If you are going to be using the @ease water-care system from Bullfrog I would just add it and also add the WellSpring ozone, that makes for a really nice overall system to maintain the water in the spa, you will have your mineral cartridge, @ease chlorine cartridge and ozone all doing the work which makes for a really nice 'low chemical' system imo.

Davekro:
I WAS thinking I really wanted the programmable BF Circ. pump, but since they are strictly an option on all A series trim levels, so you must order and spec a new spa to get it, I felt I'd be OK w/o it. That maybe programming the low speed jet pump to run x minutes an hour would hopefully be able to make full use of the EOS's ozone cleaning capability. If my assumption is true, what kind of filtration (and hence EOS ozone circulation), would you say might be good?

I wanna ask if I should hold out and just order an A6Lwith a (programmable) Circ pump, and wait a month or two to get my spa -and- miss out on a significant floor model discount (on this 2 month old dry 'floor model')..... But then I think: "For SOME reason, Bullfrog does not think Circ pumps are worth putting stock in any-of-their-spas. So I question my strong desire for one...

Ripper238:
A smaller dedicated circulating pump will conserve power and run quieter rather than running the larger jet pumps. The programmable porton depends on the control unit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version