What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What shell colors you have had and why you chose your current color?  (Read 970 times)

Davekro

I am early on in shopping for a new hot tub. I had a low-end acrylic shell entry level 7x7 hot tub that I bought in ≈ 1982. I kept it alive until about 2010, moving from house to house a few times. I liked its light, sightly blue shell color. The few tubs I have looked at in the last two weeks seem to have either white or light colored shells.  I was just looking through the Show Us Your Hot Tub forum. Fun to vicariously feel the excitement of the new owners!  :)

Anyway, I see a number of darker blues, browns etc. for shell colors. So I want to ask people's opinions on why they chose the color of their current tub and if they had a different color before, why they changed?

I am initially thinking of people here that had color choices, as opposed to "This the color they had, or what I found from a private party, and I was OK with it".  Although, a separate question for folks that got a tub whose color was just what it was. If the color was not an initial draw, how did you feel about that color over time?

Thanks to anyone willing to share their thoughts on shell color choice.
Dave

Hot Tub Forum

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: What shell colors you have had and why you chose your current color?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 02:59:27 pm »
I much prefer the lighter/white shades (Pearls/Platinum/Arctic White/Snow White, each manufacturer uses different names for essentially the same color) to anything in the brown/grey/black tones.  I think the lighter colors will always look classic, easier to spot if your have debris/need to vacuum the spa and the lights reflect nicely at night off the lighter acrylic.  I also feel like the whiter shades age a little better, every time I have a dark brown/black shade on the showroom floor I feel like if I breathe on it heavily it scratches, kind of like buying a black car, looks great all polished up but easily attracts dirt/scratches. Just my .02

Davekro

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 03:59:42 pm »
Makes perfect sense. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on colors. I think along the same lines, but wondered if I was missing something in some peoples draw to darker colors.  ;)

cranbiz

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2023, 08:55:53 am »
Probably 40 years ago I had a 4 person tub in what would be a deep blue and black pattern. What @BullFrogSpaNMN said is very true on the ability to vacuum and clean out debris. It was very dark inside the tub also.

My current tub is a Tuscan Sun acrylic. Lighter brown with gold orange, etc. It's not too dark in it and it's easy to see in it for maintenance. Personally. I liked this pattern and color palate over a white (to bathtub looking to me). I wouldn't buy a dark color, I agree to keep it on the lighter side of things but wouldn't shy away from a lighter shade of brown like a Tuscan Sun.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2023, 08:55:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42