What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does your Bullfrog A6L have TWO Jet Pumps and a Circ. Pump?  (Read 743 times)

Davekro

Does your Bullfrog A6L have TWO Jet Pumps and a Circ. Pump?
« on: December 20, 2023, 03:37:42 am »
There is a 2013 Bullfrog A6L in good shape for $3900 at a reputable local dealer that I am seriously considering. It has FOUR Jetpaks, (1) 2-speed Jet Pump and a 1/15 HP Circ. Pump.

I was just reading where some A6 single pump owners or wet testers were saying that the pressure is lower at the Jetpaks at the end of the circuit. When I did my wet test last Saturday, I had no idea of how the water flowed into the first Jetpak and continued on to #2, #3, & #4 Jetpak. I did play with turning off the paks I was not using, but not paying enough attention to notice differences. Is the circuit flow direction counterclockwise around the tubs paks and fixed jets?

The C'clockwise order of Jetpaks as I wet tested it were: Oscilator (Lounge), RainShower, Alleviate, NeckMasseuse. Am I correct that the (4) largest looking jets in the first location (or last??) in the water circuit, the Oscilator Jets would have the largest GPM flow of these 4 paks? And that the (8) medium looking Jets in the 4th (?) location would also have a high GPM pak flow? Maybe the RainShower (2nd) has the lowest GPM pak flow? I'm totally guessing here.

The grey adjusting star knobs to turn each pak on & off were pretty difficult to turn. Can these be cleaned or lubricated to turn more easily, or do they just wear with age and that's just how it is with 10 year old star knobs?

I just LOVE the A6L model. Now I am wondering if I just let this single Jet Pump tub go, and hold out to hope a TWO Jet Pump A6L shows up on the used market in my area (SF Bay Area). Are Dual Jet Pump A6Ls common or rare in the used market? I balk at the ≈$17k to $20k price I see for new A6Ls. More than 4x this 10 year old tubs cost. Costco's near me will be having the Bullfrog roadshow Events going in early January. I think those discounts are supposed to be significant, but if $3k savings via Costco's Bullfrog Event, still 3x this 10 yr old tub's cost. Way over my budget...

I would love to find a +/- 4 year old A6L with Dual Pumps + a Circ. pump for $5k to $6k soon in the private or dealer market. I want to get a sense from people more in the know here if it is a pipe dream to hope one pops, up even in the next six months?

Here are some pics of the 10 yr old A6L I'm considering. Also, what does the SS in the model # on the factory s/n label mean? Current A6L specs seem to say that the base A6L comes with 3 Paks. This one has 4 Paks, But NOT a second 2-speed pump that I or the dealer can see.
(I hope I got images to show here. I just got a Flickr acct to do this. ;o)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/199746734@N04/53408629562/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/199746734@N04/53410002545/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/199746734@N04/53409560541/in/dateposted-public/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 03:41:59 am by Davekro »

Hot Tub Forum

Does your Bullfrog A6L have TWO Jet Pumps and a Circ. Pump?
« on: December 20, 2023, 03:37:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42