What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Vs Sundance , Hot Springs etc.  (Read 6687 times)

Jakeman

Artesian Vs Sundance , Hot Springs etc.
« on: November 16, 2004, 09:01:27 am »
Don't know much about Artesian Spas, just by reading about them they look nice. Anybody have any experience with them? Do they compare to the top rated tubs out there?

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Vs Sundance , Hot Springs etc.
« on: November 16, 2004, 09:01:27 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Artesian Vs Sundance , Hot Springs etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 09:49:02 am »
I think it depends on which series of the line you are looking at....they seem to have a good following among owners here....the Island series which seems to popular has a shorter warranty than does the other upper end manufactures....only 3 years on heater and motors and structure

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 09:53:42 am »
I carry Artesian and Hot Spring.  I personally think they are a great spa.  Artesian has set its sites on Sundance in terms of design and seating.  However they have more jets and jet pumps than Sundance in the same model ( ART Onyx vs SUN Cameo for example).  Performance wise Artesian is outstanding.  No reliability issues either.
As a lontime Hot Spring dealer to compare Artesian to Hot Spring is difficult.  But honestly I think they offer just as much reliability and their energy efficiency is excellent as well, which is what Hot Spring always did better than anyone else we ever sold.

Wet test each one and go with the one you like best. Each of these 3 are great choices.
Measure once, cut twice.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 12:28:23 pm »
It is very flattering when a company sets its sights on your designs and seating.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 01:13:15 pm »
It is very flattering when a company sets its sights on your designs and seating.

... and maybe they're after the sales and feel that by virtually copying the design, saying its the same setup and offering it at a discount price they can save on R&D and accomplish this. Cal Spas does this by having different spa series that are copycats of other brands. Part flattering and part annoying?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 01:18:46 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 01:18:55 pm »
We own the Artesian Island Grand Bahama.  We just love it and have had zero problems whatsoever.  

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 01:44:50 pm »

... and maybe they're after the sales

I would say that they are obviously after sales. Isn't everyone.  
Measure once, cut twice.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 02:30:07 pm »

I would say that they are obviously after sales. Isn't everyone.  

Certainly. My point was that IF Artesian is going to copy another spa its going to be based on copying a spa that sells well and that they sell against very often, not necessarily the spa design that they feel is best of those out there. This is why their spa may be modeled after Sundance and not LA Spas as they are fighting for sales far more often against Sundance. It doesn't mean that they necessarily find the Sundance design to be any better than the LA Spa design or their own for that matter.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 03:02:36 pm »
It's funny you mention LA Spas.  The guy that came to Artesian from LA Spas brought with him alot of design ideas for the now booming Island series.  I guess they figure why re-invent the wheel.  It is definately working well for us.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 03:02:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42