What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Start Capacitor Pump  (Read 1324 times)

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Start Capacitor Pump
« on: November 09, 2023, 07:35:16 am »
I have a 2002 Sundance Cameo.  Been down all summer and 2 speed pump just humming.  I pulled the Capacitor's bu not sure which is start?  Also replacement idea's?  Having trouble posting images

https://flic.kr/p/2peKJpr

https://flic.kr/p/2peKJoj
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 07:56:04 am by brian_tr »

Hot Tub Forum

Start Capacitor Pump
« on: November 09, 2023, 07:35:16 am »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Start Capacitor Pump
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 07:50:26 am »
Power off... Stick a flat screw driver in the motor shaft at the back end of the motor behind the dust cover. Try and see if the motor shaft spins freely and not locked in place/seized. If it is tight.. rebuild the motor with new pump seal and impeller and possibly front bearing. If it spins free.. Power On and wait until the motor is trying to start/hum and give the shaft a spin to help the motor start. If it starts up with a bit of help then you might have a bad start/run capacitor on the motor.

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 07:54:54 am »
The motor does spin freely

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 08:15:06 am »
Kind of hard to get to side of motor.  Do not see a hole and would have to take dust cover off.  I found both caps on Amazon and will give that a shot.  I swear every time I shut tub down some thing wrong on start up.  I know dont shut it down.  This summer was so hot.  All in all though for 20 yo spa been pretty good.

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 05:14:31 pm »
Power off... Stick a flat screw driver in the motor shaft at the back end of the motor behind the dust cover. Try and see if the motor shaft spins freely and not locked in place/seized. If it is tight.. rebuild the motor with new pump seal and impeller and possibly front bearing. If it spins free.. Power On and wait until the motor is trying to start/hum and give the shaft a spin to help the motor start. If it starts up with a bit of help then you might have a bad start/run capacitor on the motor.

Replaced Start Cap and it fixed it.  Probably should of replaced run cap also since I ordered it but just left it. 

cranbiz

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 08:50:33 am »
Excellent. Thanks for coming back to update the thread.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 08:50:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42