What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Metallic Flake Buildup  (Read 1388 times)

Alixer

Metallic Flake Buildup
« on: November 02, 2023, 01:52:52 pm »
I'm wondering if anyone has ever found metallic flakes collecting in their hot tub? I wanted to post an image but I can't figure out how. Maybe it's permission thing or a browser thing. Anyway, the flakes are a little smaller than a pinky fingernail. They are chrome looking on one side and a little darker, less shiny on the other side. If I don't use the tub for a week or two I find about 20-30 flakes resting in the seats. My tub is a Marquis Crown Summit that is less than 2 years old. None of the chrome accent pieces on the tub appear to be wearing. Additionally, the pieces of metal seem to be too thick to be a finish. I showed my service rep and she told me in her 20+ years she's never seen anything like that. My fear is that it is coming from the plumbing but she said that the plumbing is all plastic/pvc/etc. Could it be the pumps? Thanks and if I figure out how to add a photo I will.

Hot Tub Forum

Metallic Flake Buildup
« on: November 02, 2023, 01:52:52 pm »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Metallic Flake Buildup
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 04:56:16 pm »

Davekro

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 01:53:27 pm »
In case this info is helpful...
I have a Photobucket account, but had not used it in years. Learning I needed to use a third party photo storage site to post pics here, I read Photobucket had added cost and barriers to free use. Google research showed many now using Flickr. I had never heard of it but signed up and now upload pics to Flickr that I want to post here.
https://www.flickr.com/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 01:53:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42