What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Geesh, I take one long lunch!  (Read 4731 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Geesh, I take one long lunch!
« on: November 12, 2004, 01:44:59 pm »
Well, I just wanted you to know two very important things:

1. I appreciate your work around here.

2. I had nothing to do with this one !!!!
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Geesh, I take one long lunch!
« on: November 12, 2004, 01:44:59 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re:  Geesh, I take one long lunch!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 01:48:47 pm »
Thanks, and besides the abundancy of knowledge I love the personalities and humor found here, even when it goes slightly off topic.

Usually when I take a long lunch on Friday things go to hell on my regular job. This was a pleasant diversion.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 02:05:30 pm »
Thank you!!!

You are my hero!!!!  Well...at least for now...Can you tell I'm ready for the Bette Midler concert tonight?

We had a holiday lunch today.  3M bought!  We always have one in November and one in December because the competing vendors don't like to cross paths!!!  LOL!!!

Would it be the same for you dealers?  Do you have to make sure the reps from (if you carry two different lines) competing manufacturers are kept apart?

Just a curious thought through my tryptophan-laden brain!!!!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 02:37:26 pm »
Glad to know Bette is touring, sounds like fun.  One of the best things about having a job with purchasing authority is the holiday season!    I'm the king of getting something for nothing.  I was kind of hoping this moderator gig would get me an invite to one of these spa shows, but (sigh) nope.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

georgiapeach

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 05:41:05 pm »
Thank you!!!

You are my hero!!!!  Well...at least for now...Can you tell I'm ready for the Bette Midler concert tonight?

We had a holiday lunch today.  3M bought!  We always have one in November and one in December because the competing vendors don't like to cross paths!!!  LOL!!!

Hope you enjoy the Concert Lori!!!!! :-)

Would it be the same for you dealers?  Do you have to make sure the reps from (if you carry two different lines) competing manufacturers are kept apart?

Just a curious thought through my tryptophan-laden brain!!!!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 10:10:19 am »

When I have carried another line in addition to my 'mainline,' I did have to be sure to watch the schedule. But now it's just the various ad reps. I have a habbit of trying a particular mail-house or printer for a couple of months, tracking the response and then doing a cost analysis to see how effective the program was. Then I'll go try something else. The trouble is, most of these people come walking in with the competitor's newspaper, flyer or direct-mail piece in their hand.... and act as if I'd been unfaithful or something. Most of these people are great, and we become friends. But I try not to let that cloud a simple decision: if something doesn't work for me I'm not going to pour money into it.

Lori

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 09:55:14 am »
The reason we have to keep ours apart is that things could come to blows, quickly, or at least they could before some guys retired.

A quick story.  We carry Norton Abrasives and, of course, 3M abrasives.  Our (now retired) reps hated each other.  The Norton guy was there when the 3M guy was there one day, and put a Norton bumper sticker on the 3M guys company car!  

We had to physically seperate them.  It was good for a laugh (for those of us not involved).  Since then, I have to make sure they are not there together.  Eventhough they are both retired now, I don't want to start anything new.

P.S.  The concert was "divine".  Miss M changed up her show a bit (I went to Dallas in January to see her) and instead of "The Rose" as her encore, she sang it and then did "Oklahoma" as her encore.  I thought that was a nice touch!  She was worth seeing twice!  She is a true entertainer.

Ok, I know, I need to shut up!  LOL!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 11:26:50 am »
I imagine Bette would be awesome to see live. Sounds like you enjoyed it! She's on my list of people I want to see in concert.

When I head to NSPI later this month in Vegas I plan on taking in a couple shows. It turns out Elton John is staying at Ceasers Palace as well and doing a stint there so hopefully I'll get a chance to see him. He's one of my favorite artists of all time!

Steve

Wheeler

• Sundance Optima owner
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2004, 02:33:47 pm »
I went to a Prince concert a couple months ago. ;)  Guess I don't fit in here...  ;D

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 02:56:48 pm »
I went to a Prince concert a couple months ago. ;)  Guess I don't fit in here...  ;D

You mean the guy who is now known as Prince, but was formerely known as prince after he was known as Prince?
Homeworks Financing Representative

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 03:35:23 pm »
My favorite Bette Midler performace was on the Tonight show - the last night Johnny Carson was host.

Lori

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 08:02:32 pm »
Steve,

I've seen Elton twice, once by himself and it was awesome (the second time was with Billy Joel, also a great show).  He rocked that baby grand across the stage and back!  Wow!  I noticed on the back of my shirt that Bette is playing Vegas.  You might check the dates and catch both of them!  You won't regret seeing either of them!  

Wheeler,

I've seen Prince, as well.  It was a great show!  Glad I got to see the older stuff, since he is going to concentrate on new stuff now!

Ok, so going to concerts is one of my hobbies (I saw the Rolling Stones for my bachelorette party)!  I have a couple of girlfriends who go with me and we see just about everyone who comes to town (and some who only make it to Dallas...LOL)!!!  We always seem to have an adventure!

Anyway, sorry, I didn't mean to go off!  I really will shut up now! ::)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 08:07:14 pm by Lori »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 08:02:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42