What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spas from Ebay  (Read 2879 times)

michael99sk

Spas from Ebay
« on: October 23, 2004, 10:18:19 pm »
I am in the market for a hot tub.  I have read many topics here and have not heard what people think of the spas on ebay.  For instance, ehat about something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4330673384&fromMakeTrack=true

Thanks for any help

Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Spas from Ebay
« on: October 23, 2004, 10:18:19 pm »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Spas from Ebay
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 09:24:20 am »
As an experienced Ebay'er this seller has 32 posotive feedback messages and no negative ones. On ebay your feedback is required to come fairly soon after the purchase. Some of those feedback messages are more than 3 years old. I suggest you email some of those people and see what they think now.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 09:43:21 pm »
They are not members of BBB as far as I can tell. But that may not mean much to some people. One of the other big Ebay spa sales outfits sells tubs with their own model names but they are Hydorspa. A perhaps not well accepted model on this forum but there must be a bunch of them out there and I don't see any tidal wave of dissatiisfied owner's hating them. Same model as sold at Sam's Club recently. Another outlet of no respect here.

I cannot think of a single Sam's or Costco that has ever gone out of business due to poor business finance issues. Dittto Lowe's, and all the "big box" sales outlets as they are called by the small business owners. Lot's of local hot tubs dealers have gone under taking deposits with them. Who to trust? You pays your money and takes your ride.

The one you question is in St. Petersburg, Fl. Do they make hot tubs? Maybe? I can't tell for sure. He is just getting started on Ebay and there are not too many Ebay ratings yet.

Seems like Ebay is making it hard to follow up long term purchasers as after about 30 days you cannot contact buyers? I have sent some emails to some of the buyers that were unhappy and some were happy.  Ever noticed how when you give negative feedback the seller blasts back with how rude you were or you cursed the call center? Sometimes these same people have all good feedback making is appear if they are making a good case and seller is discounting the report?

Let us know what you decide. If only satisfied people would post, I think they buy and disappear. The one's who hate a product usually show up.

michael99sk

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 12:32:22 am »
I want to thank everyone for replying.  

I'm not going to be here for awhile, because i went out on a limb and purchased the spa.  If I love it, i will come back and tell you about it :) If it s*cks, then my disapperance will be my response:(

I called him at 7:00 am and he answered all of my questions and then I called at 7:30 p.m. and he still answered more questions.  The spa is built in florida by a certain manufacturer...dont want to jinx it.  I paid $5500 for everything, including delivery.

Hopefully I am back in three to for weeks to tell you about it

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 12:32:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42