What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Calling all Hot Spring Grandee owners  (Read 4047 times)

corvairkid

Calling all Hot Spring Grandee owners
« on: October 09, 2004, 09:28:34 pm »
First of all let me start off by saying how much I appreciate this website.  It has been invaluable in our quest for the perfect tub.  We went and did our first wet test this evening.  We finally got our patio poured so we are ready to go.  We thought that we were going to get the HS Vista, but my wife & I kept floating in it.  So we tried the Grandee instead.  We really liked it.  One question that I thought about on the way home.  I noticed that the pumps are smaller on the Grandee than the Vista.  My question for the Grandee owners out there is are the pumps adequate when you have a full tub?  We plan on wet testing it again next week.  Hopefully making our decsision by the end of the month.  Just looking for some input from the experts out there.  Your assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

David  

Hot Tub Forum

Calling all Hot Spring Grandee owners
« on: October 09, 2004, 09:28:34 pm »

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
Re: Calling all Hot Spring Grandee owners
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 09:35:52 pm »
I'm not a Grande owner and infact have competed against them for quite awhile but I can tell you that you will not notice a differance in power. In-fact, there are a few thousand Grande owners out there that will not be on this forum so I will say for them, IT'S AWESOME!

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 09:50:18 pm »
I used to sell Hot Springs and now compete against them.  I agree with tazman.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 09:58:31 pm »
Hey Corvair,

How's the car running?

corvairkid

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 10:21:40 pm »
Hey Rocket.......The corvair is running great.  Just put a new exhaust on it this week.  I have a 66 turbo & it will flat fly........Take care.

David

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 09:46:32 am »
Well, I don't know if you want to hear from dealers, but I have personally owned several Grandees and now have a Vista in my backyard.

I will say right off that the jet pressure needs to stay the same in all the HotSpring spas due to the simple fact that the pressure is all that drives the Moto Massage. So the HP tubs - the ones with the larger jet pumps - offer the same jet pressure but do so through more jets at the same time.

One other difference; the Vista and Envoy - both HP tubs - have an additional category of jet.  They have small, medium, large and extra large jets - plus the "Soothing Seven" and the "Moto Massage" jets which are proprietary.

The EE tubs have small, large, extra large and the proprietary jets.

IMHO - the extra jets are nice, but should not be a deal breaker. I do like the fact that the HP tubs have a two- speed motor on one pump, and that makes those extra jets real nice when  you want a very gentle, soothing massage.

Also, the HP tubs can easily give every seat some serious jet action at the same time.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 09:18:48 am »
David,

I own a grandee and, in my opinion, the jets are plenty powerful. They are not unusably powerful and there is a difference.

In general we keep the diverter settings so that everything is on, and that is the way we keep it when we have company.  It is also the way my wife keeps it because anything more forceful is unpleasant to her.  If I have a sore spot, I'll use the diverter to ramp up the power on a specific seat, but rarely all the way.

As for a "full tub" most of the times you have a group of people socializing, not a group of sore, tight, spasming people! 8)  As such when we have a full tub people stay in for HOURS (longest stay with a GROUP of people has been 6 people, 3.5 hours).  The grandee provides effective massage that won't wear out people's backs after 20 minutes and that is important.

Across differing groups of family and friends we've had well over 20 people in the tub at various times and no one has ever complained the massage wasn't powerful enough, though at times we've been asked how to turn down a particular seat.

Hope this helps.  The grandee is a *terrific* tub all around but I think it really shines for group entertaining.  The no-barrier seating really helps groups get comfortable and shift around to make sure no one spot on their back is being rubbed raw.

-Ed

ps. Tell your dealer you are concerned about the tub for groups.  When you wet test, bring 2-3 friends with you.  When my wife and I wet tested, we brought friends as well.  It is sometimes a MUST to understand the REAL max. # people in a tub, where knees knock together, how all the feet fit, etc..

pps. A floating drink holder is a *must*.  :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 09:20:33 am by ebirrane »

corvairkid

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 07:31:23 am »
Ed,

Thanks for the post.  We are going back to wet test (& hopefully seal the deal) this weekend.  Just curious what color do you have?  Thanks again.......

David

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 09:12:12 am »
I have the red sides and the white, rough shell (I don't remember the real names of the colors).  The pearl finish is *beautiful* but my wife and I preferred the extra traction.  We have a 2003.

Best of Luck!

-Ed

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 05:15:20 pm »
I am a HS dealer and I agree with Rocket just kills me to admit that  :)    Seriously, the jets on all the HS are pretty similar.  Though it wasn't that way always.  I have a 1989 Sovereign with a grand total of 5 jets. 3 reg & one moto-massage or if you turn the diverter it all goes thru one mongo jetstream (back when the jetstream really was).   You will like the Grandee.  
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 05:15:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42