What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Control board issue  (Read 596 times)

Wieky

Control board issue
« on: October 04, 2023, 04:19:10 pm »
When we bought our house it came with a hot tub. Its an older hot tub. I had to do a bunch of work to get it going again since it wasn't properly winterized after draining it. I do not know the make/model, I haven't been able to find any manufacturer tags.It has ran pretty good for the past 3 years. I couple of weeks ago it stopped heating. So I checked it out and found that the heating element was open, and I found that rather that the heating element  was only getting 120 volts rather than 240. I have checked and the hot tub is getting proper voltage. I went ahead and installed a new heating element just to see what would happen. Now it does heat the water, even with only 120 volts. Now comes the next problem, once the water got to temp, the pump turns off like it should but the heating element is still getting the 120 volts. I'm thinking that's what burned up the last element. I pulled the board out to inspect it closer, and I can't see any burned spots on it, so I'm sure it's got a couple relays stuck. I have found new control board for around $300. I read somewhere that you might have to have someone program it, but i have no idea. The other option is I could upgrade everything for $600-$700.  Can someone with more knowledge about this please tell me if I should order a board or will I end up being money ahead ordering everything. It's a balboa control system and its dated 2007. I would like to get fixed especially with winder around the corner. Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 05:19:09 am by Wieky »

Hot Tub Forum

Control board issue
« on: October 04, 2023, 04:19:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42