What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice on negotiating a fair price (Sundance Claremont)  (Read 1231 times)

BobbyM

Advice on negotiating a fair price (Sundance Claremont)
« on: August 01, 2023, 10:56:32 pm »
Could any of you savvy folks offer any advice to a newcomer about how to negotiate a fair price for a Sundance Claremont? I'm located in the Boston area. Here is the price that I was offered by the most prominent local dealer:

Sundance Claremont = $25,792
SmartTop Vanish XL = $1,399
Recessed Crushed Stone Pad = $2,000
Electrical Hook Up (with trenching) = $3,399

Do those prices look reasonable to those of you who know the Boston market these days?

If any of these numbers look like there might be room to negotiate, I would welcome any suggestions about how to reach a fair deal.

BTW: I haven't been able to find another Sundance dealer in my area. So, I haven't been able to get to direct comparison.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Bobby

Hot Tub Forum

Advice on negotiating a fair price (Sundance Claremont)
« on: August 01, 2023, 10:56:32 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Advice on negotiating a fair price (Sundance Claremont)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 11:26:46 pm »
Are you stuck on the Sundance brand?  Price on tub is high. The company you are buying from is on the higher side of the price ladder but they are a good company. Not sure if you are north or south of Boston but pretty much all the major brands are represented well in this area. If you are north of Boston check out Sundance guy in New Hampshire. He has it priced a few thousand cheaper on his website. If you are open to other options you have plenty of them

BobbyM

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 06:03:47 am »
Thank you, Hottubguy, for the speedy response. I appreciate the pointer to Sundance Spas of NH. Very helpful!

I am mainly interested in the Sundance Claremont because of the integrated bench seating. The location where this will be does not have nearby seating for folks to cool off. So, it feels like the integrated bench will let people stay around longer, even if they don't want to be in the water the whole time. Does that make sense?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 12:11:20 pm »
Makes sense. Another brand to check out would be Marquis. They have tubs with similar seating though not tubs as large. Can’t really think of another brand with higher seating like that other then the Sundance you looked at or a Marquis

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 05:15:44 pm »
I'd check out a Bullfrog A9L, Caldera Cantabria and the Hot Spring Prism models as competitive comparisons. As far as negotiating it could come down to how you are paying for it? long term 0% financing vs cash for example can make quite a difference, also are those prices + tax? If I was a cash buyer I'd offer a few grand less (doubtful they will take that) but if you're prepared to stroke a check that day then you'll find out how low they're willing to go (if any, I don't sell Sundance so I'm not sure if that's a fair price or not) as long as you let them know you're prepared to buy that day. Good Luck!

BobbyM

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 10:29:08 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion to negotiate over cash vs. financing. I had not thought about that. This forum is so helpful. Thanks for the generous ideas.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 10:29:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42