What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone watch UFC 58 last night?  (Read 3815 times)

Brookenstein

Anyone watch UFC 58 last night?
« on: March 05, 2006, 11:48:13 am »

Just curious!  I thought it was so good.  Poor Rich Franklin... I hope his hand rehabs quickly.  I was LMAO at JSP's speech  in response to all the booing.  That man is funny.  I couldn't tell if Swick was spoofing JSP or not, but his speech was funny too.  I love me some UFC.  (Oh, and they are already all my friends on myspac, lol.)

UFC 60 tickets for Staple Center go on sale March 11.   :)  I just can't believe I'm going to go to LA.  I've lived here 4 years and have avoided it.  Too bad I'm out of town when they are at The Pond next month.

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone watch UFC 58 last night?
« on: March 05, 2006, 11:48:13 am »

socal

• so it begins
Re: Anyone watch UFC 58 last night?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 01:06:51 pm »
brook, you never cease to amaze lol. never thought you would be a UFC girl!! i didnt get to watch the last one....heck, didnt know they were coming to L.A.
personally, id rather go to the pond than L.A. ducks over kings, no contest  ;D.
i take it you are going to the fights then? have fun and watch out for splatter :o.

btw.....luv your avatars. making them yourself or what? got milf....classic  ;D ;) ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:07:47 pm by socal »
Marquis dealer

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 01:30:35 pm »
UFC 59 is April 15 at The Pond.  It is the return of Tito Ortiz.  We were going to go, but turns out we leave for Tahoe that morning.  Plus it is already sold out.

I've never priced tickets and I know they can't be too cheap... so it kind of depends how expensive they are, but we are planning to go to the May 27th one at Staple Center to see Matt Hughes take on Joyce Gracie.  I also have to find a baby sitter.  I've never left the kids before and don't know where to go about finding one.

Last nights fights were so much better than last months (UFC 57).  It was the first time we ever PPVd and I was dissapointed, but last night made up for it.

I've been following UFC for more than 10 years... back in the days of no weight classes and when it was tournament style all in one night.

BTW, I don't make my avatars I find them.   :)

Oh and don't forget Ultimate Fighter 3 begins on APril 6.  Coaches this year are Shamrock and Ortiz.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 01:57:54 pm »
shamrock used to be the bomb....a freind of mine got into fighting and was supposed to spar with 1 of shamrocks boys.......the fight never happened. another guy with shamrock decided not to let my freind fight their "up-in-coming-star". thats the story i get anyways.
my freind never fought in the matches, mainly did it for the training.
on a side note, the guy that my freind was supposed to fight went on to UFC and got drilled in his 1st fight out. i think he called it quits after that lol.
ive watched some of the ultimate fighter series before. its interesting.
i much preferred the tournament style they had in the past. it was a true test of who the best was.
Marquis dealer

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 02:53:32 pm »
Yes I watched it too, Brooke.  It was pretty tense for a few of the fights.  I'm a fan of GSP and Loiseau and was disappointed with both performances.  Both of them have been AWESOME in some of the fights I've seen in the past.  I can't take anything from Franklin, he was GREAT.  Loiseau has great elbows and I was surprised at how he was dominated and ran away!  Also saw 2 heavyweights weigh in and then they didn't fight  >:(.

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 03:12:26 pm »
We were really dissapointed in Loiseau.  He's got the meanest elbows out there and he looked like a scared little girl.  I couldn't believe how he ran away.  I mean it was cool he wanted to continue to fight when he probably couldn't see much, but if your gonna fight, fight... the cat chase was ridiculous.  I was dissapointed that Franklin couldn't finish him, but I know he had a broken hand.

I don't know JSP or BJ well.  J thought BJ would win and I had my money on JSP... but in the first round I thought I was so wrong.

We didn't see the weigh-ins.  It wasn't Arlovski and Sylvia was it?  THey are the heavy weights for next month, but I couldn't imagine they weigh in this early.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 03:43:27 pm »
It was Icho Larenas vs Tom Murphy.  I just checked the UFC site, and I guess they fought, but it wasn't on my PPV ???.  It actually looks like there were a couple others not shown too.  Did you get these fights?  My PPV was 3 hours long.  Oh well...

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 03:51:10 pm »
I paid for PPV from 6:30-10:00PM PST.  It stopped showing stuff at 9:53.  I was joking that I was robbed by 7 minutes.  Little did I know I actualy missed fights.  We have Comcast cable (just switched from Dish network 2 weeks ago) and paid $35.  Last month was $39 with Dish.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 04:21:27 pm »
{down on one knee...} Will you marry me Brookenstein? :-*

Now you're going to tell me you love drag racing and hockey as well right?  ;D

Steve

Brookenstein

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 10:59:20 pm »
{down on one knee...} Will you marry me Brookenstein? :-*

Now you're going to tell me you love drag racing and hockey as well right?  ;D

Steve

Hey Steve, thank you so much for the very generous offer.  If you don't mind I will keep you on the back burner in case I ever need a back up.   :)  

Now while I don't love drag racing and hockey I easily could.   ;D  I grew up in Portland, and we only had the Winter Hawks, but I was a big fan... spent New Years there every year.  I don't really follow it now though.  I drag raced an electric car we built in metal shop in the streets of downtown Portland in a school sponsored race, does that count?

Oh... and I'm not buying tickets for 60.  The cheapest tickets are $50... they are 300 level straight back from where the hoops would be in a basketball court.  300 level in the middle are $200.  You'd need to spend about $600 to get a decent seat.  I'd rather spend my $35 and just PPV it.  I'll check out the seating assignments next time they come to the Pond and see if its any better.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 10:59:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42