Original > Hot Tub Forum

Advice needed

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ripper238:

--- Quote from: Canton on February 28, 2023, 07:51:01 pm ---I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm going to ask anyway.  I'm looking for a spa specifically for my wife.  She's had multiple back surgeries and has a hard time exercising the muscles in her back due to all the fusion.  Consequently they get very tight.   I'm looking for recommendations for a tub or style of tub that may help her situation. We had an older Maxx Spa for several years and she got some relief from it, but we got rid of it one surgery ago due to age and leaks.  She seemed to like the lounger section to sit in more than anywhere else, so I'm thinking that option is going to be a must. 

We're back on the market looking for a new tub and I'm seeking suggestions from people that have more experience than we do on what to look for on a tub that might be better at massage or targeting back pain.

Any help appreciated.

Canton.

--- End quote ---

Back fusions are tough. But you are on the right track with a Hot Tub (Even a Sauna) to help with her pain and flexibility.

Ultimately the heat will provide the beigest advantages, but well placed lounge jets will be good as well. I am more familiar with Wellis Hot Tubs and they lean towards Wellness in their design so the jests are well placed and individually adjustable like others. A good dealer will also let you test out the tub, so that may be a good idea for her to do.

Stock should also be good on Wellis hot tubs since they come from Europe and arrive through ports in NY and not CA. Most of there parts are made in the US and Canada as well. Really good high quality option.

Sam:
I personally like the jets in Bullfrog, Artesian, Marquis, and as much as I don't like the company itself, the twilight series of Master Spa has good jets.  I would never give master my money because they sanction the shadiness that goes on with the traveling road shows. 

Another weird company, Passion Spas, has some pretty great jetting on their high-end stuff.  I was totally surprised at how good it was when I tried it.

Canton:
Thank you for all the suggestions.  I believe we are going this weekend to see if there's anyone close to us that has some inventory we can check out.

Thanks again.

Chops1857:
I’ve been very pleased with my Hot Spring Envoy. It has 3 seats in particular that provide a very good back massage, one of which is the Moto Massage. The moto Massage is a very unique feature and worth trying out. They are two jets that sweep up and down your back. I can direct all pump pressure to it and really give a strong massage. I’ve had a bulged disc and general back pain and find it has provided relief and enabled me to do some stretches in the tub. 

Canton:
Just wanted to give an update.  I ended up getting a Wellis Monte Rosa for me an my wife.  And while my only point of reference was the Maxx spa I had that was probably 20 years old, the difference is night and day.  The jets are amazing compared to what I remember.  Had the spa about 4 months now and am very pleased with the tub. It has definitely helped with my wife's back problems.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version