Original > Hot Tub Forum

Advice needed

(1/4) > >>

Canton:
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm going to ask anyway.  I'm looking for a spa specifically for my wife.  She's had multiple back surgeries and has a hard time exercising the muscles in her back due to all the fusion.  Consequently they get very tight.   I'm looking for recommendations for a tub or style of tub that may help her situation. We had an older Maxx Spa for several years and she got some relief from it, but we got rid of it one surgery ago due to age and leaks.  She seemed to like the lounger section to sit in more than anywhere else, so I'm thinking that option is going to be a must. 

We're back on the market looking for a new tub and I'm seeking suggestions from people that have more experience than we do on what to look for on a tub that might be better at massage or targeting back pain.

Any help appreciated.

Canton.

cranbiz:
It's subjective. In general, larger jets do more for deep tissue massage than smaller jets.

I have an Artesian Island Nevis and the lounge had medium sized jets and that does help with the aches and pains in my back and my wife, who also has fused vertebrae spends a lot of time in that seat. In a slightly larger Island series the Grand Bahama is a lounge version while the Grand Cayman is not. A close friend has a Grand Cayman because his wife is like yours with multiple back surgeries and she really likes the captain's seats.

Your best bet is to see what dealers you have in your area and get info on what they have and what the dealers reputation is. Artesian, Hot Springs, Marquis, Sundance, Jacuzzi and Bullfrog are decent manufacturers and make good hot tubs. See what they have, and see if you can wet test something close to what you are looking for.

Canton:
Thank you for the response and suggestions cranbiz.  I'm in central PA and for some reason, It's difficult to find someone that sells spas, that actually has spas.  Crazy. 

Thanks again.

cranbiz:
If the dealers sold out the showroom during covid, I believe it. Most manufacturers still have long backlogs.

When I bought mine, most places would sell the showroom models but you couldn't take delivery of it until they has an unsold one to replace it. One dealer here absolutely lost a sale because they had nothing to show me. It was a brand that I really wanted to look at due to multiple reviews from actual customers. That manufacturer already had an 18 month backlog (this was Jan 2020).

I got mine quick (4 months) then simply because my dealer had a unit on order that was unsold and happened to be exactly what I was looking for, in the color that I wanted. My buddy also bought an on order tub that took him 10 months to get. Mine was ordered by the dealer 4 months before his was ordered by the dealer.

BullFrogSpasMN:
I'd check out Bullfrog simply for the variety of jetting they offer (16 different options) being that your wife has back problems it might be good to try multiple different types of jets/massage patterns to see what works best for her. Other good brands include Hot Spring/Caldera, Marquis and Jacuzzi.  Good Luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version