What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: i need help  (Read 4924 times)

sputnik

i need help
« on: October 07, 2004, 07:11:18 pm »
(j-508 from calspa)  

(j-385 from jacuzzi  $7784+ tax)

(j-375 from jacuzzi   $6972+tax)

package includes

cover.cover lifter.steps.ozone generator.chemical kit. delivery.resin skirting

is this a good deal  and now which tub is better

thanks

sputnik

Hot Tub Forum

i need help
« on: October 07, 2004, 07:11:18 pm »

UnderTheStars

Re:  i need help
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 07:46:26 pm »
Hi Sputnik!  Consider the source (I'm a first time tub owner = HotSpring; no direct knowlege of the tubs you're asking about.)

That said, I've heard unfavorable comments about the CalSpa line, better do a search of this board.  Also click on the "reviews" link at top of the page.  There are 5 CalSpa reviews (all unfavorable, 1 on pg 3, 1 on pg 4, 3 on pg 5.)  Jacuzzi gets good reviews, quite a few comments - again search the board and the reviews.

Finally, my advice is look at as many brands as you can find in your market.  Ask questions here and WET TEST before you pick/buy a tub.  Just about everyone here has said, "I thought I would buy X-tub until I wet tested. . ." or something along those lines.  You simply won't believe how different the tub feels "wet" vs. dry.

Hey, welcome aboard!  (uh, overboard?)
Stars

Jordy

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 10:03:53 pm »
Hi Sputnik,
I agree w/UnderTheStars, you should always wet-test any tubs you are considering purchasing. I also agree that Jacuzzi is a well-built product (or I wouldn't be a Dealer for them). I started my career in the hot tub industry selling Beachcomber Tubs and then HotSpring. I would say that Cal-Spas are a good product, but the Jacuzzi product has much more to offer you in terms of standard features (120 sq.ft. filtration, ABS base, waterfall, LED light, Jacuzzi Pumps), comfort, and quality of massage. The prices you have quoted seem reasonable for the Jacuzzi models, but keep in mind that I am a Canadian dealer, so you region may be priced differently. Good Luck!!! The J-375 and J-385 are great tubs, I hope you have a chance to wet-test them.

stingfan

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 09:33:33 am »
I have a J-355 and I love it.  What sold us is the warranty and the reputation of Jacuzzi products.

I paid $6995 with all extras you mentioned and including tax.  I have since learned that this is TOO MUCH for the model we bought, but being that we live in a remote area, guess I had to pay the going price.  So, your prices sound really GREAT to me  ;)

good luck!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 10:52:22 am »
I have the Jacuzzi J-370 with Sythetic, Stereo, Ozone which I bought for $6,500. Your prices seem reasonable although you may still be able to get a few more $'s off depending on where you live (Or simply try to get the stereo added for that same price and you would be doing well).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 10:53:31 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Mr._Happy

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 01:24:06 pm »
(j-508 from calspa)  

(j-385 from jacuzzi  $7784+ tax)

(j-375 from jacuzzi   $6972+tax)

package includes

cover.cover lifter.steps.ozone generator.chemical kit. delivery.resin skirting

is this a good deal  and now which tub is better

thanks

sputnik

Sputnik, I would not be in a hurry to buy nor would I rely upon others to tell you what to spend your money on. You need to do your due diligence on these type of products after all this is you spending your money. Learn how spas are made? Look at what each model offers. Will you be comfortable in the seats. Are the jets suited to your needs. I noticed that almost all of the reviews here rave about their spa. Please take into consideration that these views are only a small sampling of actual purchasers. Take a deep breath and learn and ask questions about every last component and why it is used and think carefully if you can believe what the manufacturer is telling you. Question every aspect fully because in the end it is you paying the bill.

htfun

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 02:36:48 pm »

Sputnik, I would not be in a hurry to buy nor would I rely upon others to tell you what to spend your money on. You need to do your due diligence on these type of products after all this is you spending your money. Learn how spas are made? Look at what each model offers. Will you be comfortable in the seats. Are the jets suited to your needs. I noticed that almost all of the reviews here rave about their spa. Please take into consideration that these views are only a small sampling of actual purchasers. Take a deep breath and learn and ask questions about every last component and why it is used and think carefully if you can believe what the manufacturer is telling you. Question every aspect fully because in the end it is you paying the bill.

Jim, will you shut it and let the man buy a spa?  

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 07:44:49 pm »
Hi sputnik,

go with the Jacuzzi.  cal spas has a poor reputation for quality and service.

sputnik

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 09:09:20 pm »
thanks for all the help

ill post as soon as i get the the tub  

Jordy

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 09:12:57 pm »
Hi Sputnik,
Wet-testing will help you determine your comfort level in the model you are considering. And yes, regardless of whatever fearmongering and doubt other specific posters may be casting out, Jacuzzi has built a solid reputation for providing a quality product. Good Luck!!

brandy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 12:47:00 pm »
Own a J 385 and paid $7600 for it with the extras you are mentioning.  Did not pay taxes here in Fl. with a letter from the doctor.  We love the tub, plenty of power when you want it, and plenty of room, one of the reasons we bought.

Enjoy whatever you decide to buy.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 12:47:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42