What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Soft Tub  (Read 7256 times)

Zoo

Soft Tub
« on: October 05, 2004, 10:50:37 am »
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience selling and/or owning a soft tub. My wife and I have a very small lot with a 39" opening between our gate. It would be her and I using the tub 98% of the time with perhaps the occasional friends joining us. As well, we may well move in the next 2-5 year window.
The soft tub concept seems sound and my wife has a client that has one that has worked well for many years now (we are in Ontario Canada where the winters are VERY cold).
Any problems, concerns, filtration issues that may arrise?

Hot Tub Forum

Soft Tub
« on: October 05, 2004, 10:50:37 am »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Soft Tub
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 11:11:08 am »
Neighbour of ours have a soft tub and they have had no problems throughout winter. They keep it hot year round.  If space to get your tub to your spot is an issue, have you thought about a crane delivery to get something that suits your needs better. ???  Consider this method of delivery and it may open up a numbe rof other choices in tubs for you.

Good luck.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 11:33:56 am »
With a 39' opening you have other options.....There are other 110 spas that have molded seating instead of sitting on the ground as you do in the soft tubs with much better water filtration as well....as an example look at the 212 from Marquis....I think Hot Springs may offer something for you as well....

Zoo

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 04:46:12 pm »
Thank you doodoo and Mendocino101 for your responses. Yes, I have considered a crane delivery if I go for a hard tub. I could put a 7' X 7' OR 8' X 7' spa if I want to. I have an interlock patio that the spa will ultimately sit on. Therefore I may favour a tub with a fiberglass base (like the Marquis durafloor).
I have looked at Coast, Artic, Beechcomber, Canadian Spa Co, the Watkins line, Marquis, Sundance, D1, Coleman, and Jacuzzi.
Models I like and have in consideration if I go this route are:
Beachcomber 578 and 530
Marquis Wish, Mirage, and Quest
Hot Springs Sovereign, Prodigy, and Vanguard
D1 Aurora II and Aurora HP
Tiger River Bengal and Caspian

The Watkins dealer, Beachcomber dealer, D1 dealer in my area all offer good service and honest answers in my dealings with them thus far. I have only recently dealt with the local Marquis dealer so I will have to see how they pan out with service etc.
If I go with a hard spa I will ultimately go with a good local dealer who won't leave me stranded as well as price. MY wife and I will do a lot of wet testing to narrow down our choices more. This forum has been very helpful for me narrowing down my choices from the countless spa companies out there.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 04:48:23 pm »
With a gate that size, you could get our biggest tub in. And since I move close to three hundred of them a year, I can attest to the 'portable' nature of just about any self-contained tub. Aslo, wiring the tub for 220 (yes, I know you have limited time there) might pay for itself in energy savings, but if not, it might very well be worth it just to have a nice 6000 watt heater at your beck and call.

I sold Softubs a number of years ago, and they do a job. But if you want a larger variety of jets, a filter that isn't at the bottom of the tub, real seats, and the backing of HotSpring, you might want to look at Solana tubs.

Here's a pic of one of our smaller tubs - click on it to see other similar models.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

MrXFro

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 07:44:24 pm »
BUYER BEWARE !!!  If dealing with Soft Tub Canada ... one salesperson in particular will claim the Softtub is quite flexible as far as squeezing through doorways or similar tight places. Problem is, the delivery personnel will not test that flexibility through fear of damaging the unit, and then owning it. A classic case of a saleman saying whatever is necessary to make a sale. My money was returned minus an admin fee - which I expect the saleman pocketed. He also attempted to charge for delivery (which was supposed to be free). There is also a lack of communication between this company and the local stores, regarding Sales, and technical detail.  BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS COMPANY!!  Go with the infatable AERO, or SPA-in-a-box ... it will last as long and for a LOT less money.

SpaGuy911

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 08:34:56 pm »
http://www.twilightseriesspas.com/twilight_series_spas-model_ts120.php

check this cool guy out!
this is what you need and will get the most out of

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 08:34:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42