What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2002 hot springs grandee new heater  (Read 1709 times)

clayherget

2002 hot springs grandee new heater
« on: November 28, 2021, 11:09:28 am »
I have a 2002 Hot Springs grandee that won't heat.  I cleaned it and bought new filters.  There are bubbles still coming out of the center so I assume the ozone generator still works.  That leaves the heating element.  It is a Watkins no fault 6000.  I bought a new one online but it only has two tubes on it. The original looks like it has four tubes and is encased in plastic.  All of the connections- water tubes, electrical, ground wire- are the same as the original.  Can I use one of the new heaters even though it only has two tubes?

Hot Tub Forum

2002 hot springs grandee new heater
« on: November 28, 2021, 11:09:28 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 2002 hot springs grandee new heater
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 12:45:50 pm »
I have a 2002 Hot Springs grandee that won't heat.  I cleaned it and bought new filters.  There are bubbles still coming out of the center so I assume the ozone generator still works.  That leaves the heating element.  It is a Watkins no fault 6000.  I bought a new one online but it only has two tubes on it. The original looks like it has four tubes and is encased in plastic.  All of the connections- water tubes, electrical, ground wire- are the same as the original.  Can I use one of the new heaters even though it only has two tubes?

It is not uncommon that a replacement part is not identical to the original (assuming you researched this as the specified replacement part by a Hot Spring dealer), especially as old as your spa is (congrats on that).

Original parts become obsolete and manufacturers find alternate options but not forever (the length of time they provide parts can greatly by manufacturer). Sometimes its up to a dealer/independent service company to come up with workaround.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: 2002 hot springs grandee new heater
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 12:45:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42