What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub choice, looking for feedback. (Caldera, Hotspring, Sundance)  (Read 2147 times)

magicaurel

Hello,

I am looking for a SPA large enough to:
- relax with the family (3 children)
- evenings between friends / couples (4 to 6 people at the same time)
- built into a raised terrace (80 cm deep)
- Aesthetic because it will be in front of bay window
- therapeutic jets
- fun for children
- I am 1m80 with long legs
- 1 lying place to relax

I want a known brand to benefit from the local support.

I have tried a few but the models I have tried are not necessarily the ones I want to buy, it is difficult to identify the differences between the models:

Hotspring:
Envoy (model tested)
+ very quiet, filtration that seems more efficient, nice Motomassage, nice aesthetics, price ok
- only 5 real seats, no cool zone, very few jets for the legs, discomfort when lying down for me: if I put my head on the headrest, my back is 20 cm from the backrest (curved back) . shoulders out of the water except on 1 seat.

Caldera:
model targeted Cantabria (Tahitian test but too small and jets between the legs that we find badly placed)
+: cantabria seems big (not seen for real), cool area, different places, calf and leg jets, aesthetic, real fountain for children (other manufacturers have more waterfalls), silent.
-: I could not try this model ( just 2.13 * 2.13 model clearly too small), difficult to know the comfort on this model. limited feedback from owners on forum smaller tubs seems to be more popular, jets that look more basic than on other brands (46 basic jets ... for 18 more advanced jets ...), price (2500 more than Envoy), we are a bit beyond my budget and no real openess for negociation.

Sundance:
Model targeted Cameo (tried cameo)
+: comfort ok, jets that seems more advanced (effect and technology according to saleman)
-: more Veiled aesthetically, reclining place with armrest which makes movement less fluid in the spa, noise (maybe just the floor model?), smell and stinging eyes (too many disinfectant products?). Very large models not very interesting because the filter seems to encroach on a place and make the spa less user-friendly.

I am looking for some user feedback to help finalizing my choice, is the cantabria worth the extra money? Does it feel much bigger and can we really fit with more people? are the jets much more basic or it will be similar (is Sundance that much better)? other things I should pay attention to?
Any feedback would be welcome!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 09:04:11 am by magicaurel »

Hot Tub Forum

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot tub choice, looking for feedback. (Caldera, Hotspring, Sundance)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 10:50:41 am »
All 3 of those spas have lounges which are enticing but take up a good deal of space. If you're going in with 3 kids and at times want something for 4-6 people then the problem with the Envoy and Cameo is they each have a lounge which takes up valuable space. The Cantabria has a lounge as well but has much more space so its not nearly the same impediment to getting people in it. You might consider swapping the Cameo for a lounge-less Optima to get the extra space and for the Envoy you could consider the lounge-less Grandee or go with the Prizm which is similarly sized to the Cantabria so the fact it has a lounge won't matter as much. Besides that, all 3 of those brands are well thought of so you can't go wrong with any of them if you also have a good dealer that you trust to be there for you after the sale.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 10:36:32 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot tub choice, looking for feedback. (Caldera, Hotspring, Sundance)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 10:50:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42