What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ThermoSpas  (Read 2864 times)

patd

ThermoSpas
« on: March 31, 2021, 03:23:03 pm »
Has anyone used these folks to select and install a hot tub?  They're paying me an in home visit next week . . .

Hot Tub Forum

ThermoSpas
« on: March 31, 2021, 03:23:03 pm »

cranbiz

Re: ThermoSpas
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 04:05:34 pm »
Is this a dealer or the manufacturer sending an area rep for an in home consultation?

They don't have the best reputation, usually have poor insulation, questionable warranty and lackluster jets. They also tend to be overpriced for what you can get a quality Spa from a reputable dealer. Reports are they are not the most energy efficient and have mediocre plumbing. Can you sit in one or wet test one? If no, run, don't walk away. Avoid the typical high pressure, buy it now at this special price and when he calls his "manager"  to say he can give you a slightly better deal because you rejected his first offer, show him the door. You want to buy from a dealer that you can feel good about, someone with a great reputation and you can call or visit with questions or a problem.

The only way to buy a hot tub is to test, test and test. Seating positions, seat formation, seat depth are all important considerations for an investment like a hot tub. This is a 10+ year investment and you are taking a gamble buying sight unseen.

I rejected a visit from a semi local dealer simply because they went to a virtual showroom but would come to the house to discuss purchasing. They had a brand that I wanted to see (Sundance) but the virtual viewing followed by an in home presentation was a no go.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:09:26 pm by cranbiz »

patd

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 04:32:48 pm »
Thanks.  I'm not gonna bother with them.

cranbiz

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 04:38:00 pm »
I think that's a wise choice. There are too many better options out there from great dealers.

You probably will have to wait on it but the perfect tub is out there for you.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 04:41:42 pm »
RUN!!!

Red MC

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 08:07:49 pm »
It's direct, high pressure sales.  Like Kirby vacuum cleaners or Cutco knives, if you've ever experienced their in-home sales approach.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 07:54:28 am »
It's direct, high pressure sales.  Like Kirby vacuum cleaners or Cutco knives, if you've ever experienced their in-home sales approach.

Kirby makes a great vacuum, but they charge about double what they are worth.
Retired

Mikedee

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 09:20:07 pm »
Has anyone used these folks to select and install a hot tub?  They're paying me an in home visit next week . . .

I see everyone on here is knocking the brand, but I can say I've owned the same Thermospas Park Ave ( about 300 gallons) unit for almost 22 years and it's still chugging...I've replaced pumps maybe 3 or 4 times over the years but all i can say is that we still use it.....I live in a suburb outside NYC, maybe I've just been lucky ?? I do agree the insulation is nothing special , but again this was from 1999..Not sure what the insulation is like nowadays..I'm good with water chemistry so maybe that's helped it to stay good over the years...Good luck with whatever brand you choose..

cranbiz

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 08:36:32 am »
I'm glad you have had good luck with yours and it's lasted so long.

However, the points I brought up are still valid. They have poor insulation, the plumbing is only glued, the jets lack the power of a more premium tub and they are over priced. Their sales tactics are borderline predatory. High pressure sales and they are worse than used car salesmen. There is no dealer support and factory support is hit or miss.

You can get a far better tub like an Artesian, Bullfrog, Marquis, etc for the same price ThermoSpa will eventually come down to with enough no's from the customer.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 01:48:55 pm »

Welcome to the forum.   It's been 17 years since I've dealt with them directly and I threw their high pressure sales guy out.  They are still around, so that must account for something!   I agree with other post - middle of  the road components.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mikedee

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 06:08:07 pm »
I'm glad you have had good luck with yours and it's lasted so long.

However, the points I brought up are still valid. They have poor insulation, the plumbing is only glued, the jets lack the power of a more premium tub and they are over priced. Their sales tactics are borderline predatory. High pressure sales and they are worse than used car salesmen. There is no dealer support and factory support is hit or miss.

You can get a far better tub like an Artesian, Bullfrog, Marquis, etc for the same price ThermoSpa will eventually come down to with enough no's from the customer.

I agree with you about the sales tactics...I can still remember the guy in my house from 1999...NIce guy, but I really had to negotiate down the price and he kept calling his manager while he was sitting in my kitchen... It was the same  crappy feeling as when I was negotiating in a car dealership...That being said I'm glad I have gotten the 20 plus years out of it so far and next year when I retire and put the house up for sale, I'm just hoping it doesn't crap out before I sign the deed to my house..LOL!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 06:08:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42