What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chinese Spas  (Read 4872 times)

cranbiz

Re: Chinese Spas
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 02:03:53 pm »
How much is the X6L? How much bigger would you want?

What other dealers do you have in the area? May be able to get into an Artesian Island series like the Grand Cayman or Grand Bahama for about the same or slightly less money. A friend of mine ordered a Grand Cayman and paid $9500 ($10,200 with tax) with Frog @ease, ozone, DynaBrite lighting, cover, lifter, stairs and handrail and that also includes delivery and installation.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 02:10:04 pm by cranbiz »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 02:03:53 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2021, 08:56:35 am »
Hello All,

New to the forum. I'm building a new house and cost of materials are really blowing my budget right now. I have a feeling that I know how this is going to go, but figured I'd ask anyway.

What is the opinion of Chinese built spas?

I found a company that says they use Balboa parts, USA made Acrylic, and put out about 5,000 spas/year. Obviously, that's all a little hard to verify. Here is their website. https://www.chinaroyalspa.com/

I live in Utah and have gone to the US factory store, but these people are offering more for the money. Should I trust them. I won't need the spa for quite a while, so I'm not worried about the shipping time.

Here is a link to that specific model https://www.chinaroyalspa.com/medusa-spa-model/  About $3,300 for this particular model.

Welcome to the forum. While I have no specific experience with this model, in my 18 years in this forum, the general opinion is that those spas are poorly insulated, which may be a big factor for you in Utah.      This knowledge of mine may be outdated.  FYI, I've been to 45 of the 50 states and I will cross Utah off in May.  (Zion National Park)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

A.O.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2021, 09:12:47 am »

I remember in the late 80s when my BIL bought a Hyundai based on bang for his buck. They'd only been in the US a couple years. That car could claim it did everything every other car did and they sold a lot based on price and hope yet in the end that car was a total POS (to put it mildly) and Hyundai barely survived in the US. Over time they did make a good car and that's behind them but many suffered that bought based on a spec sheet and a lower up front cost. Some day China may turn out a good hot tub but who is ready to believe they've mastered the manufacturing process, its not like they've been in the game for long.

[/quote]

Hyundai is Korean..

A.O.

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2021, 09:21:59 am »

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking at this point. I told them I'd want as much insulation as possible, and that's what they sent over.

I currently have a deposit in on a Bullfrog X6L. It's fine, but I want bigger and I'm having a hard time convincing the wife to spend more. Any ideas on a reputable brand that I may be able to get bigger with a similar price to the Bullfrog X series?
[/quote]

Yes a lot depends on what dealers you have nearby, I would rank service after the sale as a high priority. See if you have any Cal Spa dealers around. Quality tub and lots of options. I just got a Cancun delivered here about a month ago $11,500 total and a great tub  93x93  Great roomy size.

ejj

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2021, 12:35:42 pm »
Bullfrog is a premium brand, and they are priced accordingly.  If you want a bigger tub and a quality experience check out (in no order) Artisan, Hot Springs, Marquis, Jacuzzi, etc.  If you skip the add-on features you can get a nice tub from a real dealer.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2021, 09:32:57 pm »

I remember in the late 80s when my BIL bought a Hyundai based on bang for his buck. They'd only been in the US a couple years. That car could claim it did everything every other car did and they sold a lot based on price and hope yet in the end that car was a total POS (to put it mildly) and Hyundai barely survived in the US. Over time they did make a good car and that's behind them but many suffered that bought based on a spec sheet and a lower up front cost. Some day China may turn out a good hot tub but who is ready to believe they've mastered the manufacturing process, its not like they've been in the game for long.

Hyundai is Korean..
[/quote]

Thanks for the education but I'm fully aware it is Korean and never stated it was from China. I was merely relating China spas showing up in the US to a product that similarly showed up in the US from overseas and was sold on price and promise.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2021, 07:37:49 am »
Are they UL listed?
Retired

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2021, 10:48:59 am »
To touch a topic that I do not think has been addressed (apologies if I have overlooked this and it indeed has), regardless of the brand, you run a big risk when you do not buy from a dealer.  Parts can be troublesome to get pre-pandemic, and warranty, delivery, service can all be something you have to figure out yourself.  Those three aspects alone can generate headache and frustration.

I understand the buying-direct allure.  But unlike a car, most areas do not have spa services available that jump at the opportunity to work on a brand / product that they are not familiar with, do not have regular access to their parts, will not get reimbursement for said parts / labor if under warranty, etc.

Another commenter noted that you should look at brands in your area.  As myself and others have noted elsewhere on this forum, the dealer is a gigantic factor in the equation.  Also - what happens if you guy said spa, get it shipped to you, and you don't like the ergonomics, pressure, etc?  That is why it is paramount to try a spa before you buy (it is not lost on me that during this pandemic, products are harder to see and safety is always a concern, and I understand if this specific aspect may not be able to be executed).

I hope this helps shed light on an aspect that you might not be considering.  Good luck moving forward.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2021, 10:48:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42