What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Skunk  (Read 2391 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Skunk
« on: March 05, 2021, 08:53:29 am »
For the first time in 17 years of hottubing we were trapped in our hottub last night!   We live in a suburban neighborhood, alright, the ghetto.  About the only wildlife I see that isn't flying overhead is usually packing a 9mm.    We were in our hottub last night when we saw a skunk go through the backyard and right behind our hottub. From where we were sitting he was behind the cover which was sitting on the holder behind us.  That is where we lost the skunk.  We waited and waited hoping to see him come around the other side and feared he might be trying to create a home behind us.

My wife freaked and tried to beat me senseless because I kept talking. She insisted he was going to spray if he heard me, So I talked louder and said he was an urban animal that knows that humans are about any voice was enough to persuade him to move on.   I was right. We soaked an extra minutes to ensure he was gone.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Skunk
« on: March 05, 2021, 08:53:29 am »

A.O.

Re: Skunk
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 09:06:13 am »
For the first time in 17 years of hottubing we were trapped in our hottub last night!   We live in a suburban neighborhood, alright, the ghetto.  About the only wildlife I see that isn't flying overhead is usually packing a 9mm.    We were in our hottub last night when we saw a skunk go through the backyard and right behind our hottub. From where we were sitting he was behind the cover which was sitting on the holder behind us.  That is where we lost the skunk.  We waited and waited hoping to see him come around the other side and feared he might be trying to create a home behind us.

My wife freaked and tried to beat me senseless because I kept talking. She insisted he was going to spray if he heard me, So I talked louder and said he was an urban animal that knows that humans are about any voice was enough to persuade him to move on.   I was right. We soaked an extra minutes to ensure he was gone.

Sounds like they need to upgrade!!

We used to get skunks on occasion but our dog usually found them first, unfortunately I always got the job of giving him a bath!

Glad you were able to escape!

ejj

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 09:16:15 am »
Just go loudly!  Skunks are scared to death of humans.  They only spray when surprised or cornered.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 02:04:38 pm »
Yet another reason to keep a firearm by the tub.
Retired

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 06:53:08 pm »
Yet another reason to keep a firearm by the tub.
for the skunk or the wife

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 06:53:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42