What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie confused about chemicals (yes, I searched first!)  (Read 97 times)

xMeta4x

Newbie confused about chemicals (yes, I searched first!)
« on: November 21, 2020, 09:22:31 am »
Hi All,

I have a new Jacuzzi, and it seems that the advice given to me by the installer was bogus.

He threw in 3 capfuls of the Jacuzzi Bromine powder from the starter kit, put 3 bromine tabs in the feeder, and told me to add a cap of powder after every use, and 3 tabs every week. He also advised that I should never have to use the shock....

I balanced the TA, pH, and bromine levels. All seemed well, but the water got a little cloudy, so I put in the sachet of (non-chlorine) shock.

The next day my Bromine levels were off the charts!

So I set about reading up, and I think my tub had may too much bromine in it, and the shock reactivated it all. Does that sound right?

Anyway, I freaked and put in some stuff I had for the pond that removes chlorine (and hopefully bromine), and the next day the bromine levels were normal, but TA was bottoming out.

I added some TA plus, which got that back up, but the pH went a little high, so I put in some pH minus to get it back down.

Right, sorry about all that, but that's the background!

I'm thinking that I should just stick with the Bromine tabs, and skip the granules. Do the Jacuzzi brand ones also have Chlorine in them to oxidise?

Should I still shock weekly as I've read, and what should I do about the bromine levels after shocking?

The tub is used daily by 2 people.

Cheers,
Andy

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie confused about chemicals (yes, I searched first!)
« on: November 21, 2020, 09:22:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2020, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42