What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: am I being quoted too much for this Pulse?  (Read 2121 times)

BJJDad73

am I being quoted too much for this Pulse?
« on: August 14, 2020, 05:10:44 pm »
Shopping for our first "real" hot tub.  Found a Hot Springs Pulse at a very well rated local dealer that is attractive to me.  I was going into this thinking I could get a solid hot tub for $5000, but now I understand that's not the case.

I know supply is very short right now with COVID-19 and I'm not expecting any major discounts, but based on what I see on here I think this price is way out of line - but please correct me if I'm wrong.  I was quoted $14000 + tax for the Pulse, cover, lifter, ozone, steps, delivery, and subpanel.  Again I'm not expecting any major discounts, but don't want to get gouged either.  I see people on here 3 years ago paying well under $10K.

Can anyone clue me in?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Hot Tub Forum

am I being quoted too much for this Pulse?
« on: August 14, 2020, 05:10:44 pm »

Sammi

Re: am I being quoted too much for this Pulse?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 04:09:45 pm »
You seem to be in the same mindset as me. We went searching for a hot tub pre-Covid and could have got a used 2013 Envoy for $6000 at the time, but now finding  used and/or new tubs is extremely difficult.

I didn't want to spend more than $5,500 but after weighing the options, new vs used debate, I just purchased an Envoy which is in the Highlife series for $13,500 pre tax with salt system and ozone both, steps, chemical package, cover cradle II, cover, and electric box. I plan on adding the sound sytem as well. I'll let the experts weighin on price because I have no idea what a Limelight series tub runs compared to a Highlife series. Since it is a step down in build quality your price would lead me to believe either I got a good deal or your quote for $14,000 is high. We chose the Envoy specifically due to the seating arrangement, and honestly weren't concerned with Limelight vs Highlife. My buddy has a Limelight series tub and its a great tub.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 06:05:46 pm »
Depending on what your local market allows, could be a bit high but could be about right.  What steps and cover lift are you being quoted with? 

I'm at $13,299 with CoverCradle II, Polymer Step, Ozone or Saltwater, Sub-Panel, and local delivery.  Local market and your dealers cost of doing business determine pricing. 

BJJDad73

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 09:17:11 pm »
I went back today with the family and did a wet test between Hot Springs and Sundance, and it looks like Sundance is the winner for us.  I liked the feel of the jets more on the Sundance, and felt I was "floating" often in the Hot Springs.  I do like some features of the Hot Springs, but feel the things I like more on the Sundance are most important to us in the long run.

I discussed pricing and believe I'm getting a bit of a better deal offered to me now.  I was quoted $11,995 for a Sundance 780 Chelsee and $15,995 for a Sundance 880 Optima.  I wet tested both and of course much prefer the Optima.  The left included is a CoverCradle I, with $100 upgrade option to go with the III.  Polymer steps.

I did like the Chelsee as well, but now that I tried the Optima it's hard to look back.  The $4000 price difference is tough to swallow however.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 09:17:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42