What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Green water help please!  (Read 2199 times)

jeng845

Green water help please!
« on: July 10, 2020, 03:22:11 pm »
I initially asked this in the Marquis forum but then realized this might be the better place for it:
I'm hoping someone can here can help. I have a brand new Woodstock Elite, which I filled and then took water in for a test - was told what to add (alkalinity, followed by calcium). Water turned green as soon as I raised alkalinity.

Here's what I've tried to fix it:
1. dry acid to lower alkalinity
2. shock
3. pack of Brom Start
4. empty/clean tub and filter/restart
5. (try to get alkalinity to normal level and boom...it's green)
6. switch to chlorine filtration
7. had install guys come out - they said they'd fixed it. Water is still green
8. added sodium dichlor
Water is still green. I've had this hot tub for a month and have only gotten to use it twice. Does anyone have any ideas? When I test, all levels come back normal (calcium is potentially a tiny bit low but that's it)

Hot Tub Forum

Green water help please!
« on: July 10, 2020, 03:22:11 pm »

castletonia

Re: Green water help please!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 05:32:58 pm »
Not aware of high alkalinity being able to turn the water green.  Normally green water means either copper in the water, especially if the color change occurred quickly or lack of sanitizer if the color change happened over time.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 08:36:22 pm »
I initially asked this in the Marquis forum but then realized this might be the better place for it:
I'm hoping someone can here can help. I have a brand new Woodstock Elite, which I filled and then took water in for a test - was told what to add (alkalinity, followed by calcium). Water turned green as soon as I raised alkalinity.

2. shock
3. pack of Brom Start
8. added sodium dichlor
Water is still green. I've had this hot tub for a month and have only gotten to use it twice. Does anyone have any ideas? When I test, all levels come back normal (calcium is potentially a tiny bit low but that's it)

If you have a ton of metals in your water alk can turn it green. Try using metal gone before you adjust alk.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 05:04:07 pm »

2. shock
3. pack of Brom Start
8. added sodium dichlor

If you have a ton of metals in your water alk can turn it green. Try using metal gone before you adjust alk.

Yep, definitely try a metal control product and make sure your ph and alk are in the correct range.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 12:51:37 pm »
I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the tub, there is something in your water.

1.) Are you on well water?

2.) If not, does your city water have metals in it?

If the water stays green, you may need to pick up a 5-stage fill filter and re-fill the tub.  You will also want to use a Metal & Stain remover product after re-filling.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 12:51:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42