What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2020 Price check for Vanguard, Aria and Sovereign  (Read 3002 times)

Footrace1

2020 Price check for Vanguard, Aria and Sovereign
« on: July 06, 2020, 08:26:56 pm »
I'm in the market to make a hot tub a part of our deck remodel.  I'm interested in the freshwater system (because I hate chemical smell/feel after swimming/soaking) and am very impressed with the quality of the Hot Spring Highlife products.  I guess what I didn't expect was the price -- which is about 20% higher than I was anticipating.  The quotes I am getting:

$14,900 for Aria
$14,500 for Vanguard
$13,100 for Sovereign

This price includes freshwater system, steps (which I may not need), cover + lifter, delivery, junction box, etc.  It does not include tax. Only financing options are really 0% for 15 months.

I think I'm leaning toward an Aria or Vanguard, but I'm also not in a hurry.  Should I wait until the market cools down (they have nothing in the show room right now) or are these just the fair prices for these models that I need to get used to?  Was also hoping for better financing terms considering the current market.  Oh well?

Hot Tub Forum

2020 Price check for Vanguard, Aria and Sovereign
« on: July 06, 2020, 08:26:56 pm »

ratchett

Re: 2020 Price check for Vanguard, Aria and Sovereign
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 10:19:37 am »
I think those price are on the high side, but the market is extremely hot right now.  Supply is low for new tubs, and demand surged due to everyone cocooning.   I highly doubt any dealer is itching to haggle over pricing right now.

Save your money, watch the classifieds for a used (WORKING/filled with water) hottub from Hotspring and scoop it up.  Might take you a month or two watching the local used market, but you'd likely get a nicer tub faster than ordering one new, and you'd get it for 1/4th the price of a new tub, especially at these prices.  The pros around here can help you figure out what to watch for when shopping for a used tub

Just make sure any used tub you're looking at is filled and working in the pictures - don't even bother looking if it's empty in the photos lol

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 02:31:51 pm »
Pricing is right inline with what I sell for so I would say fair prices.

Footrace1

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 11:33:01 pm »
I think those price are on the high side, but the market is extremely hot right now.  Supply is low for new tubs, and demand surged due to everyone cocooning.   I highly doubt any dealer is itching to haggle over pricing right now.

Thanks I'll just sit tight and see if market conditions improve to my favor.  I'm not looking for 20% off necessarily, but maybe saving $1000 or so would help.

I also was expecting slightly better financing than 15 months.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 10:43:24 am »

Thanks I'll just sit tight and see if market conditions improve to my favor.  I'm not looking for 20% off necessarily, but maybe saving $1000 or so would help.

I also was expecting slightly better financing than 15 months.

The financing is definitely worked back into the price so only go that route if you really need to. If its not something you need then absolutely tell them you'll pay cash/check and tell them you need a better price based on that. Financing and CC costs to the dealer are factored in when that dealer quotes you whether they tell you that or not. Its always negotiable until they say they just can't do better but their "best price" will vary based on how you're paying.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Footrace1

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 02:02:57 pm »

The financing is definitely worked back into the price so only go that route if you really need to. If its not something you need then absolutely tell them you'll pay cash/check and tell them you need a better price based on that. Financing and CC costs to the dealer are factored in when that dealer quotes you whether they tell you that or not. Its always negotiable until they say they just can't do better but their "best price" will vary based on how you're paying.

Interesting, they told me to contact X bank if I needed financing, but no matter what I would need to have the funds (either from my cash or the bank) about a week before delivery.  They indicated that there was no difference in price.  The only reason I even considered finance is b/c it is free money at 0%.  I have the cash on hand and would pay with cash if that meant savings.

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 04:09:42 pm »
Not all dealers participate in financing programs.  That is probably why they suggested your bank.  If you have cash in hand let your dealer know.  It will cost your dealer 2-4% of the sale to process a credit card.  If they don't have to pay that then they will probably give you some discount. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 04:09:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42