What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First hot tub purchase and overwhelmed!  (Read 2424 times)

Tallguylehigh

First hot tub purchase and overwhelmed!
« on: July 04, 2020, 08:31:31 pm »
Howdy everyone. Looking for hot tub for my family.

Some background:
Family of 5
3 kids ages 10,7,5

Looking for a hot tub that can seat us comfortably but also allows the kids some space to bomb around. Think part hot tub, part plunge pool.

Given where we are putting it we can’t really go bigger than 7’6” square.

I don’t need lots of bells and whistles- a fair amount of jets is fine, lights and waterfall are nice adds for the kids.  Oh and I am looking for RELIABILITY- don’t want this thing to turn into an albatross.

To date I age honed in on two models that meet this criteria.

Sundance McKinley (680 series)- was given a price of $8699 delivered with easy pad, cover, steps.

Bullfrog X7- given a price of $8500 delivered with cover, steps, EOS, chemicals, $8900 for premium.

Trying to keep budget below $9k.

Any other recommendations for brands and models with these types of requirements or thoughts on the brands/models I mentioned?

Thanks for the help!

Hot Tub Forum

First hot tub purchase and overwhelmed!
« on: July 04, 2020, 08:31:31 pm »

castletonia

Re: First hot tub purchase and overwhelmed!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 11:10:17 pm »
Both Sundance and Bullfrog are considered reputable, premium brands.  As for others, Arctic, Artesian, Caldera, Dimension One, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, and Marquis would be the others I would add if available to you.

Pcola77

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 12:09:17 pm »
Do you have a place to put it and electrician lined up?  A concrete slab and electrician can add anther $3-4K, just so you know. Not directly in response to your question, but as a recent purchaser, I wanted to make sure you account for that. 

Howdy everyone. Looking for hot tub for my family.

Some background:
Family of 5
3 kids ages 10,7,5

Looking for a hot tub that can seat us comfortably but also allows the kids some space to bomb around. Think part hot tub, part plunge pool.

Given where we are putting it we can’t really go bigger than 7’6” square.

I don’t need lots of bells and whistles- a fair amount of jets is fine, lights and waterfall are nice adds for the kids.  Oh and I am looking for RELIABILITY- don’t want this thing to turn into an albatross.

To date I age honed in on two models that meet this criteria.

Sundance McKinley (680 series)- was given a price of $8699 delivered with easy pad, cover, steps.

Bullfrog X7- given a price of $8500 delivered with cover, steps, EOS, chemicals, $8900 for premium.

Trying to keep budget below $9k.

Any other recommendations for brands and models with these types of requirements or thoughts on the brands/models I mentioned?

Thanks for the help!

ma

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 04:15:06 pm »
Can I ask... is this US$??

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 04:15:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42