What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Before I Buy Hot Springs Envoy  (Read 4707 times)

Ksteven

Before I Buy Hot Springs Envoy
« on: June 13, 2020, 09:45:51 pm »
Hello hot tub forum!
Been reading these forums a lot these last few months. Filled with excellent info!

This will be my wife and I first hot tub and we are excited. Doing a ton of research. Learned that the dealer you buy from will make a huge difference on your experience.
We went to our local Hot Springs dealer. His reviews online are all 5 stars and a ton of them and rightfully so. He was the owner, very nice, knowledgeable, patient, and most of all was not pushy.
We were surprised to see most of the inventory gone! He said these last few months he has been incredibly busy.
After talking for quite a while, we were drawn to the envoy. We liked the size, how deep it was, the lounge chair, the captain chair, and how much feet room it had. He quoted us at $12,190 before tax and includes cover,cradle,step, ozone or freshwater, electric box, install, and 5 year warranty with no call out fees. He has in own in house service tech that has been with him for a long time as well.

I wanted to come here and see what everyone thought about the quote? my wife and I think its a great deal.
If you own an envoy, what do you love/dislike about it?
Do any of the jets get the base of the skull, neck area well? how about the thigh area?
Ozone vs freshwater? We are leaning towards ozone and our dealer said that is what he would go with.

I am sure I will have plenty more questions. I appreciate any and all advice!
Thank you for your time and reading my long post.

Hot Tub Forum

Before I Buy Hot Springs Envoy
« on: June 13, 2020, 09:45:51 pm »

ratchett

Re: Before I Buy Hot Springs Envoy
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 10:05:17 am »
Hotspring fanboy checking in (2019 Hotspring Jetsetter).  Planning to trade in my small Jetsetter for the Envoy as soon as I finish rebuilding my backyard with a larger space for the Envoy.

He quoted us at $12,190 before tax and includes cover,cradle,step, ozone or freshwater, electric box, install, and 5 year warranty with no call out fees. He has in own in house service tech that has been with him for a long time as well.

I think that's a heck of a great price, order it now so you can get on the waiting list haha

My dealer experience matches yours, sounds like you found a great dealer.

My Jetsetter is a 3-seater version of the Highlife tub so naturally I don't have all the space and captain's chair like in the envoy (really envious of that seat - I want it lol).

I love the motomassager jets - best jets I've ever encountered in a tub. I love how you can adjust the oscilation speed (and also pressure) by closing off other jets around the tub to send more pressure to the Motomassager.  I often send full pressure from my 1.75hp pump to the motomassager to kick my @ss out of the seat lol

I think my top favorite thing (aside from the aesthetics of the Highlife collection) is the ease of maintenance.  I use two chemicals to maintain my setup (ozonator with silver mineral cartridge) - dichlor 56 pellets and baking soda to raise PH as needed.  I spend less than 30 minutes a month testing the PH and cleaning/rotating the filters in my tub and that's it.

Do any of the jets get the base of the skull, neck area well? how about the thigh area?

The lounger in my Jetsetter has 4 neck jets above the motomassager jets. I'm 5' 11" and these four jets typically hit me at the shoulder blades.  When I 'slouch' in the lounger seat, these neck jets hit my neck in just the right spots.  My wife typically turns off these jets as she doesn't like the smaller bullet jets, but I will sometimes send most of the pressure just to those jets so I can get deep into my neck muscles.   

Looks like the envoy has the same four jets above the motomassager in the lounge, don't think there's any others in the tub for the neck however - so you'd really want to focus on testing that in a wet-test.

Ozone vs freshwater? We are leaning towards ozone and our dealer said that is what he would go with.

Totally go with Ozonator in my personal opinion.  Although I know one dealer around here installs both ozone and freshwater salt on the tub (which can be done) - an ozonator doesn't replace the need for sanitizer.  In the future I might test out the Freshwater salt system which has it's pros and cons, but for now I'm totally content with my ozonator setup.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 10:07:26 am by ratchett »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 03:13:59 pm »
must be a rural or very small market with low overhead, I sold Envoy's for more than that 6 years ago lol

Backcountryluv

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 12:15:30 am »
I was quoted $14,500 for the same model.  So, I’d say your pricing is very competitive. 

Ksteven

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 08:33:24 pm »
Hotspring fanboy checking in (2019 Hotspring Jetsetter).  Planning to trade in my small Jetsetter for the Envoy as soon as I finish rebuilding my backyard with a larger space for the Envoy.

He quoted us at $12,190 before tax and includes cover,cradle,step, ozone or freshwater, electric box, install, and 5 year warranty with no call out fees. He has in own in house service tech that has been with him for a long time as well.

I think that's a heck of a great price, order it now so you can get on the waiting list haha

My dealer experience matches yours, sounds like you found a great dealer.

My Jetsetter is a 3-seater version of the Highlife tub so naturally I don't have all the space and captain's chair like in the envoy (really envious of that seat - I want it lol).

I love the motomassager jets - best jets I've ever encountered in a tub. I love how you can adjust the oscilation speed (and also pressure) by closing off other jets around the tub to send more pressure to the Motomassager.  I often send full pressure from my 1.75hp pump to the motomassager to kick my @ss out of the seat lol

I think my top favorite thing (aside from the aesthetics of the Highlife collection) is the ease of maintenance.  I use two chemicals to maintain my setup (ozonator with silver mineral cartridge) - dichlor 56 pellets and baking soda to raise PH as needed.  I spend less than 30 minutes a month testing the PH and cleaning/rotating the filters in my tub and that's it.

The lounger in my Jetsetter has 4 neck jets above the motomassager jets. I'm 5' 11" and these four jets typically hit me at the shoulder blades.  When I 'slouch' in the lounger seat, these neck jets hit my neck in just the right spots.  My wife typically turns off these jets as she doesn't like the smaller bullet jets, but I will sometimes send most of the pressure just to those jets so I can get deep into my neck muscles.   

Looks like the envoy has the same four jets above the motomassager in the lounge, don't think there's any others in the tub for the neck however - so you'd really want to focus on testing that in a wet-test.

Totally go with Ozonator in my personal opinion.  Although I know one dealer around here installs both ozone and freshwater salt on the tub (which can be done) - an ozonator doesn't replace the need for sanitizer.  In the future I might test out the Freshwater salt system which has it's pros and cons, but for now I'm totally content with my ozonator setup.

Thanks for all the feedback and advice! I don't think we will be able to wet test the envoy but we sat in the jetsetter dry and loved it. Hoping the envoy being 2" taller will hit my neck perfect since I am about your height. If not, I can slouch as well haha.

must be a rural or very small market with low overhead, I sold Envoy's for more than that 6 years ago lol

Definitely not rural haha. He has three stores here and the only one that I can tell that sells hot springs anywhere near by.

Quote from: Backcountryluv link=topic=25089.msg219430#msg219430
date=1592194530
I was quoted $14,500 for the same model.  So, I’d say your pricing is very competitive. 

Thanks! Good to know the pricing is competitive.

Ksteven

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 10:38:51 pm »
Another question, Does anyone feel that more jets are needed? Or does this tub seem to do a good job with it?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 07:24:16 am »
Another question, Does anyone feel that more jets are needed? Or does this tub seem to do a good job with it?

The problem I see with this question is what I feel, feels good, you may think is to harsh or to gentle. And the same is true for, well, everyone.
Retired

Ksteven

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 07:44:39 pm »

The problem I see with this question is what I feel, feels good, you may think is to harsh or to gentle. And the same is true for, well, everyone.

Well I see now that I typed my original message incorrectly haha. I meant to ask if anyone thinks more leg jets are needed and how does the leg jets that the envoy has feel?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 08:42:00 pm »

Well I see now that I typed my original message incorrectly haha. I meant to ask if anyone thinks more leg jets are needed and how does the leg jets that the envoy has feel?

We kinda have the same answer, if they are good for me, or if I feel it needs more, or less, that really doesn't help you......
Retired

Jag8

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 10:31:13 pm »
The Envoy is my personal favorite hot tub for therapy.

Ksteven

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 09:44:50 am »
Thank you all! We are on the list for whenever the next shipment  comes in, can't wait!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 09:44:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42