What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub in the UK  (Read 10361 times)

Hawk

Hot tub in the UK
« on: September 06, 2004, 12:20:05 pm »
Hi guys thinking about getting a hot tub really like the artic spas Kodiak just wondered if any one else had dealings with Artic spas what are there tubs like?
Ive got hot-tub over load from looking on the net,didn`t realize ther were so many manufactures and models etc.
Any one know if there is a uk hot-tub/spa forum?

Any help

Hawk

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub in the UK
« on: September 06, 2004, 12:20:05 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re:  Hot tub in the UK
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 02:02:27 pm »
I do not know about a forum....but here is a dealer I know if it helps you....

http://www.horsham-pool-services.co.uk/

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 12:43:10 am »
HEY....I was born in Sussex!!

My Californian friend has suggested a great brand. I would consider Marquis long before Arctic, but that's just me!

Here's one more suggestion: http://www.hydropoolspas.co.uk/

Steve

Gerrym

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 02:38:23 am »
Hawk, I am not sure where you live. I am in Essex and we have a superb Hot Spring dealer there and a sh1t Sundance one!!
I chose the HS Envoy and love it. If you are thinking of a HS, ignore their prices, these are just RRP for punters who do not ask for a discount.

Cheers

Gerry

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 09:49:51 am »
for punters who do not ask for a discount.

Retired kickers from the NFL end up in the UK and pay too much?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

OnMedic

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 09:50:56 am »

Pooldevil

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 10:59:41 am »
Hi Hawk
If you are interested in a great tub at a fantastic price you should consider the new range from Marquis Spas.
Their "EveryDay" hot tubs take some beating !
Go and have a look at my site and ring the Free Phone number for a brochure and your local dealer .....
www.marquis-spas-sussex.co.uk

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 11:10:42 am »
I toured a couple of HotSpring stores not far from London, and then went and saw the main headquarters - quite an operation!

They seem to have it together.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Gerrym

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 12:59:29 pm »
I agree with you Chas, I went to Sundance, Marquis and Hot Spring. Now I don't want to get in to an argument on who has the best product, but HS were streets ahead of Marquis and sundance when it came to customer service, knowledge/professionalism and layout and ambience of showroom.

Sorry Pooldevil, but I am a consumer giving an honest opinion, not a salesman !! Oh!, and sort your website out, look at HS, then re-evaluate your one !!!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 01:01:07 pm by Gerrym »

Pooldevil

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 10:01:41 am »
Hot Spring & Sundance .....  Sounds like a film production !
to be honest I know very little about these tubs so I can't say which is the best.   What I will say is having looked at the market in the US , the only make that stood out as far as reliability and quality was the Marquis !  and at the end of the day its the tub that the customer is taking home .... not the showroom !
To date I have not lost a customer through lack of care ... though I do know others who have !
I know my web site may be a bit simple but then I did put it together myself on my own computer at home .... just wonder how many spa dealers can do that ? and how much of their customers money was used to have their sites established ?
I feel quite hurt now ....
There is  a link from my site to Marquis own site which I think you will find far more entertaining ....   www.marquisspas.com
;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2004, 11:22:41 am »
One more to throw into the mix. And yes, we're the best too! ;D

http://www.hydropoolspas.com/purchase_europe.html

Steve

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2004, 11:52:13 am »
This is a past post on another forum that I cut and pasted here as I thought it was relevant.

Darc and Sandy,
I have a question for you; if the sales pitch is deceptive then what are we supposed to do, not attack the concept?

If the way the product is made is based more on marketing than engineering then we should all question how it is made!

1. Any Arctic dealer says that they don't have a problem with the rails breaking or coming loose on the cabinet is not being honest.
2. I can understand the concept and positive perception of "dead air" thermo lock insulation but it makes absolutely no sense to not support the plumbing lines with even a little insulation.
3. Most high-end manufactures stopped make a cabinet with doors that hung on the sidewalls a long time ago because of the possibility of dirt and moisture to collect on top of and the propensity for damage.
4. Long before Arctic spent the money on installing their "forever floor" they should have done some work on the filtration system.

I could go on for the next 2 hours on things that I find disturbing in how arctic is made but like wise, being fair I could go on about some of the things I like about them. The problem is that the way they sell makes me want to only point out the problem areas.

I would say that over the last 30 years of the spa industries growth there have always been the hard core marketing companies that seem to have the outlook - Make it look good, tell a good story, get the money and run. Cal Spas was one of the first of these and I believe that Arctic and Master are also in this category.

I don't say these things as a new kid on the block or a customer that bought into a good story or even someone with a couple years under their belt in some faction of the industry - I say them with the authority of someone that has been around the block and has lived every faction of the spa industry for over 1/3 of my life (and I'm not young).

Hawk,
I guess what everyone is alluding to is that they all recommend something else over Arctic! I have had dealings with Arctic and can say the any of the brands in the above advertising frenzy would be better than the Kodiak.

Arctic is not consistent in their design (changes what seems like monthly), has a tendency to rely more flash flam and buffoonery than just sheer engineering. I know who the dealer is in Sussex and helped convince him to move over to Marquis from another brand (right on an internet forum) he was carrying. Just from the communication I had with him over the net and in reading his posts I believe him to be very customer service oriented.

BTW, Website looks great Curt! I was wondering how the Marquis Experience was going for you!

Hawk

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2004, 08:43:21 am »
I thought this would be easy  ??? but I guess this is what hapens when there are so many makers of hot tubs out there and lots of different peoples experiences with them.
this hasnt put me off too much as Artic was the first tub we looked at. going out next weekend to look at some others Nordic, Beachcomber, Sundance, sweetwater All whithin 50 miles of us, thanks for all the posts and help guys.
Just one more question too much Information is a good thing or bad thing  ???

Hawk

ps I live in Brighton on the South Coast  opps The City of Brighton & Hove keep forgeting weve been upgraded from a Town
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 09:25:04 am by Hawk »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2004, 08:56:00 am »
I know my web site may be a bit simple but then I did put it together myself on my own computer at home .... just wonder how many spa dealers can do that ?

Most of us.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Gerrym

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2004, 02:57:44 am »
Hot Spring & Sundance .....  Sounds like a film production !
to be honest I know very little about these tubs so I can't say which is the best.   What I will say is having looked at the market in the US , the only make that stood out as far as reliability and quality was the Marquis !  and at the end of the day its the tub that the customer is taking home .... not the showroom !
To date I have not lost a customer through lack of care ... though I do know others who have !
I know my web site may be a bit simple but then I did put it together myself on my own computer at home .... just wonder how many spa dealers can do that ? and how much of their customers money was used to have their sites established ?
I feel quite hurt now ....
There is  a link from my site to Marquis own site which I think you will find far more entertaining ....   www.marquisspas.com
 ;)

Pooldevil, you certainly lost me as a customer, although I admit maybe not through customer care. I agree that people do not take home your showroom, but it is the first point of entry for a potential customer.
Sorry if you feel hurt, the website is a fair effort for a one man band, but I would suggest it lacks the professionalism of other brands.

Cheers

Gerry

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2004, 02:57:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42