What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Room ozonators  (Read 4141 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Room ozonators
« on: March 12, 2005, 08:58:30 pm »
A friend of ours has sold my son a ($300) "Living Air" ozone machine for his part of the house. It immediately cleared up (or covered up) the stench from his being a single guy who rarely cleans his room. But, I'm asthmatic, and it triggers wheezing and tightens up my lungs if I drop in for a visit.

Now the friend who sold my son this unit has put a different one in my bedroom for a free, 'four-day trial.' She says it will curb my snoring, but my wife says there is no change that she can tell so far.

I had an asthma attack the first night, and then no more trouble - it's been about five nights already, I think. The lady said, "it usually gets worse for a day or two then clears everything right up."

She's convinced I will stop snoring, and have no more trouble with asthma, maybe ever....

Anybody know what these things will really do and what they won't? This friend of ours is in a multi-level scheme, and says that if this thing helps me, she'll give it to us free if we join her team. The thing costs over $500, but I have no faith in these things, and I really don't know if simply blowing ozone into living spaces, or this UV sterilizer unit in our room, is a good idea.

Anyone ???
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Room ozonators
« on: March 12, 2005, 08:58:30 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Room ozonators
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 12:44:05 am »
"Anybody know what these things will really do and what they won't?"

If it really is producing any amount of ozone, yes, it will tear up your respiratory system. The EPA only allows for 50 parts per BILLION to be emitted from "air cleaners".

Yes, it will get rid of odors (they use ozone to get rid of a lot of smoke damage after fires, also to kill mold and mildew), but it will also deteriorate many types of plastic........ like electrical wire insulation.

also, have a read here;

http://www.rhtubs.com/indoor-ozone-danger.htm
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 11:11:10 am »
I used to have a friend that used these in his house. He used it cover to the odour from the, umm, tamatoes he was growing ;)
Homeworks Financing Representative

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 01:14:36 pm »
I used to have a friend that used these in his house. He used it cover to the odour from the, umm, tamatoes he was growing ;)

Ah yes, some "tamatoes" can have a rather pungent odor. Ozone can work quite well at reducing, or almost eliminating the odor. One must be careful though, too much ozone can reduce your harvest amount or even actually kill vegetation. There are some newer high breed "tamatoes" that have no odor up until a week or two before harvest time.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 07:07:48 pm »
I gave up "tamatoes" years ago and I'm glad because they really just the smell of them gave me the munchies and I'm watching my waistline.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 07:07:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42