What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What did everyone pay for a new spa? Trying to get an idea.  (Read 10534 times)

Z28racer1

Re: What did everyone pay for a new spa? Trying to get an idea.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 09:53:45 pm »
That I do not know I will have to ask when I go in and look at them again.  Realistic time frame for me to buy will be 1-3 months. I am leaning more toward the Caldera just because of the color availability and height of the Caldera and the fact the Dealer was easy to talk and not pushy and more willing to work with me when we originally spoke. I had a good experience with the marquis dealer too which they are 3 minutes from my house but the dealer was less reluctant to try and get me into any other series Like the elites or vector. “Update “I went back to talk to the Marquis dealer all he offered me was the Woodstock close to the same as the Palatino price. When I even said I would be interested in the in the v84l and v94 even if it went over my budget. But didn’t believe me almost and threw out numbers like mid 8s and closer to 10 for the 94 but that’s I think because I said cash. I feel think he kinda profiled me because I look young and didn’t think I had the cash or really interested. I don’t wanna assume that but he asked me where I lived too at the end of the conversation which was kinda weird.

How much different in price would it be from the Palatino to the Makena. With the standard features just curious round about number. Basic steps and cover.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 09:53:45 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 10:23:20 am »

To be fair I would say there partial foam on standard celebrity is actually foamed better then what I have been seeing on newer full foamed Sundance and Jacuzzi tubs. At least the standard celebrity line has foam in it now. That was new for the 3rd quarter of 2019. Before that I wouldn’t even sell them

I just don't see the point/logic (besides profit) of not fully insulating it but yes, at least Marquis is being honest that theirs is a partial foam setup vs Sundance/Jacuzzi calling theirs full foam but stopping short with the insulation.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

terps19

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 01:39:24 pm »
It all depends on your location, sales etc.

For me, I purchased a Tropic Seas (made by Artesian) Waikiki Elite for $8,999 out the door (no taxes in DE, which included start up chemicals, delivery onto the paver patio pad in the backyard, stairs, cover, and coverlifter).  I have an ozonator and frog @ase system, with the foot blasters and 3rd pump.  I feel I did just fine on the deal.  I did look around quite a bit but I am very very happy with my purchase. 

Sam

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 01:55:11 pm »
...... I don’t wanna assume that but he asked me where I lived too at the end of the conversation which was kinda weird....

I ask that question all of the time because distance is certainly a factor in my cost when it comes to delivery and warranty.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 03:24:53 pm »
That I do not know I will have to ask when I go in and look at them again.  Realistic time frame for me to buy will be 1-3 months. I am leaning more toward the Caldera just because of the color availability and height of the Caldera and the fact the Dealer was easy to talk and not pushy and more willing to work with me when we originally spoke. I had a good experience with the marquis dealer too which they are 3 minutes from my house but the dealer was less reluctant to try and get me into any other series Like the elites or vector. “Update “I went back to talk to the Marquis dealer all he offered me was the Woodstock close to the same as the Palatino price. When I even said I would be interested in the in the v84l and v94 even if it went over my budget. But didn’t believe me almost and threw out numbers like mid 8s and closer to 10 for the 94 but that’s I think because I said cash. I feel think he kinda profiled me because I look young and didn’t think I had the cash or really interested. I don’t wanna assume that but he asked me where I lived too at the end of the conversation which was kinda weird.

How much different in price would it be from the Palatino to the Makena. With the standard features just curious round about number. Basic steps and cover.

I would say somewhere between $2500-$3000 difference.

Z28racer1

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 08:45:11 pm »
Update.
Went to home show today in Cleveland They had hot springs,Coast, Caldera , master and strong spas on show case.
Caldera Palatino- I was quoted 6500 it just keeps gettin cheaper lol
+Makena for 8850
Master spa: Twilight 8.2 for 9000
Hotsprings lightlight flair 9200
Coast: apex L 9000 but willing to work lower and Bahamas spa coconut 2 loaded for same price
Strong spas I didn’t like the way they Insulated kinda like the PDC spas. Must be a PA thing.

Is the Palatino available to order with a Cir pump or do I have to step into the paradise series Makena to have one?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 10:18:00 pm »
Paradise for circ pump. 

ratchett

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2020, 05:14:40 am »
I personally stay away from Master Spas.  They always travel to home shows around the country, and likely do not have a local dealer in your region.  For the amount of money you're spending on a tub, you should know and trust the dealer in your area.

castletonia

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2020, 08:25:42 am »
Really really good prices on the Palatino and Makena and good price on the Flair.  If the Makena or Palatino are what you're leaning towards, I wouldn't expect to see those prices later in the spring.  I'm guessing your dealer either has 2019 inventory they are trying to move or just trying to get more sales in a slow time of the year.

swilly1000

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2020, 09:35:56 am »
I personally stay away from Master Spas.  They always travel to home shows around the country, and likely do not have a local dealer in your region.  For the amount of money you're spending on a tub, you should know and trust the dealer in your area.

Good God! When was the last time they brought the travelling home show to your neck of the woods?  1999?

They "always" do that.  Sheeesh. Unbelievable.

PS my dealer has been all-pro right from the beginning.  Take your head out of your ass and stop living in the pass child.

castletonia

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2020, 12:11:50 pm »

Good God! When was the last time they brought the travelling home show to your neck of the woods?  1999?

I'm not going to comment on Master Spas quality or the company.  I have a local dealer (competitor) who has been around for 15-16 years.  They host their own off site events multiple times a year BUT, I also get the traveling show 1-2 times EACH year.  I'm sure it is done in conjunction with the local dealer, but it still happens and has every year by me since probably 2003 or 2004.    Whether or not you agree with ratchett, he has a point.  You should trust your local dealer.  Doesn't matter what brand.  If the dealer sucks, move on to something else.

PS my dealer has been all-pro right from the beginning.  Take your head out of your ass and stop living in the pass child.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2020, 11:10:35 am »

I guess last week can be considered the past. Every year in my hood is the traveling master spa circus.
Retired

ratchett

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2020, 12:32:04 pm »
Lol, ok boomer. Struck a nerve didn't I swilly1000?

As I said, I personally would avoid Master Spa's. The op is welcome to do anything they want.

When was the last time you left the home?  Most every major city around the country has a home show at least once a year. Moreover state fairs are another example where I've seen Master spas within the past year.

Also, didn't the OP literally just say.....

Update.
Went to home show today in Cleveland

I highly doubt there is any regional dealer close to Z28racer1, especially since this was not a brand mentioned before said home show......  I tried to check, but naturally Master Spa's does not list their authorized dealers on the website, instead requiring you to fill out a form and they will get back to you with a recommended dealer which seems really shady to me. Why not proudly list your dealers like literally every other spa manufacturer in America?

Awesome,  I'm happy to hear you have a local dealer to service your spa.  Sounds like you're a bit worked up, I suggest hopping in that home-show special and try to unwind for a bit   ::)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:55:21 pm by ratchett »

Z28racer1

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2020, 08:01:07 pm »
The only Master Spa dealer is located an hour away. LeisureTime pools and spas in Cleveland.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2020, 10:51:22 pm »
Home shows and fairs are usually different then the Master Expo’s. I have a Master dealer a couple hours from me. They sell a ton of tubs and are probably a decent dealer. Then we have the Expos Almost every month nearby. Weird that they advertise it like their will be tons of brands their then you go and it’s all Master talking crap about everything else. Look for a tub from a dealer with a dealer close by. Preferably a reputable one. They way if you run into problems you have support for it. I used to have a Master dealer 15 miles from me. They did a decent job on the service end so people were generally happy. They dropped Master because of expos and now carry something else. The Master customers I run into now are typically mad because they can’t find anybody local to do warranty work. Nearest dealer wants $299 for a service call under warranty.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2020, 10:51:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42