What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Saltwater pool and hot tub  (Read 1951 times)

OntarioDave

Saltwater pool and hot tub
« on: October 13, 2019, 08:27:04 pm »
Hello,

We are in the process of doing a backyard reno with a saltwater pool, pavilion etc.  We would also like to get a hot tub.  Would we need to stick with brands that are saltwater hot tubs or are the other brands ok as far as going into the pool and then into the hot tub even though they aren't saltwater?

We've been looking at Arctic Spas (Saltwater)
Caldera (Saltwater)
Hot Springs (Saltwater)
Sundance (non-saltwater)
Master Spas (non-saltwater)

We have been leaning towards a Sundance tub but are concerned we might wreck it if we go from out pool to the tub.

Are we right to be concerned or is this a non-issue?

Thanks,
Dave

Hot Tub Forum

Saltwater pool and hot tub
« on: October 13, 2019, 08:27:04 pm »

bud16415

Re: Saltwater pool and hot tub
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 10:22:51 am »
It is a non-issue IMO. I have a chlorine hot tub and I add salt to it equal to what you have in your pool just because I like the feel of the salt. The tiny bit you will transfer into a hot tub wont hurt a thing. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 01:38:52 pm »
you'll need to know the recommended PPM of salt required in the spa saltwater system before pumping water from your pool into the hot tub....pool systems usually run a much higher (double in most cases) PPM of salt in the water vs the hot tub systems.  In the end it may not 'hurt' anything but it could lead to 'high salt' error messages on a spa system which is what would happen if I were to do it in the Salt System that I sell.  Good Luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 01:38:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42