What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to Hot Tubs, looking to buy, need advice  (Read 7876 times)

terps19

Re: New to Hot Tubs, looking to buy, need advice
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 02:28:06 pm »
Jacuzzi just emailed me back.  Yes it does appear the "red tag" one is the floor model we tested out.  So not sure about only $1,000 off the "end of year model" sale discount on that one.  I would expect a floor model (that we wet tested) used would be at least $2,000 off but maybe that's just me uninformed opinion. 

He did mention PDC spas specifically the Catalina model that he could get everything all in for $8,300. 

I cant really find much on PDC spas review wise... anyone have any opinions or experience with them? 

Edit- just read PDC warranty is misleading... so nevermind on that I guess
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 02:34:32 pm by terps19 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 02:28:06 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 06:48:02 pm »
Jacuzzi just emailed me back.  Yes it does appear the "red tag" one is the floor model we tested out.  So not sure about only $1,000 off the "end of year model" sale discount on that one.  I would expect a floor model (that we wet tested) used would be at least $2,000 off but maybe that's just me uninformed opinion. 

He did mention PDC spas specifically the Catalina model that he could get everything all in for $8,300. 

I cant really find much on PDC spas review wise... anyone have any opinions or experience with them? 

Edit- just read PDC warranty is misleading... so nevermind on that I guess

No different then test driving a car. I don’t really give huge discounts on my wet floor models. We sell them quick enough that at most they were filled for a month or two. Plus you know if it’s been running at the store there aren’t any issues with it. Jacuzzi warranty starts when it’s delivered so it’s not like you are getting less of a warranty or anything like that. Which model was the wet tub?

terps19

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2019, 07:41:27 pm »
Hey thanks for the reply.

The one we tested was the j-335.  It was nice but my wife was not very comfortable until we lowered the water to just above the tallest jet.  Granted this is more of a purchase for me, I of course want my wife to be able to enjoy it with me as well.  The kids don't care one way or another since they cant sit anyways in any of the seats really. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2019, 09:00:53 pm »
Try some others then. Only makes sense to buy something if everybody can use it. When I got my tub (all 4 different models I’ve had) I picked one and was overruled each time by my wife on what we ended up with. A brand that’s good for people that have varied heights is Marquis. Good tubs for shorter woman. Not sure if you have a local dealer of that brand to yoh

terps19

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 07:03:09 pm »
Does anyone know how barefoot spas models stack up against the popular ones on this board (jacuzzi, marquis, bull frog etc)? 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2019, 07:18:47 pm »
They are Junk. Besides signature, LPI, Dr wellness or can’t think of a worse brand out there. Better off with a Costco tub

terps19

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2019, 08:13:45 pm »
Well good to know!

terps19

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 04:50:44 pm »
Just heard a local dealer has a used 2012 Marquis Epic for $4,000 in stock so we are going go check it out this weekend.  Im not sure how I feel about a 6 year old hot tub but maybe worth going in to look at it and ask about.

Anything in particular we should ask about? 

Thanks

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 04:54:05 pm »
Just heard a local dealer has a used 2012 Marquis Epic for $4,000 in stock so we are going go check it out this weekend.  Im not sure how I feel about a 6 year old hot tub but maybe worth going in to look at it and ask about.

Anything in particular we should ask about? 

Thanks

I assume you'll see it full and operating but Id ask if I can wet test it and what is the store warranty on it (you probably CAN negotiate this, just pocket the answer for now and go back to it late in negotiations to ask for an extra year, 6 months...).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 04:54:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42