What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS - Grandee offer with CoolZone  (Read 4617 times)

Johnrb3

HS - Grandee offer with CoolZone
« on: March 29, 2019, 04:17:33 pm »
Hey all,  in the process of buying a new tub and curious if anyone else has gotten CoolZone or at least a price for it?  I was all set to make a purchase and another salesman got involved and now they are backtracking on the initial offer. >:(  As it was I didn’t think it was the best deal, but now I’m more convinced. Originally, the deal was $17,000 for the Grandee NXT with the freshwater salt system, steps, cover, and lifter.  Plus, $2,500 for the CoolZone with the Bluetooth audio thrown in free. (Originally they wanted $2,700)  Now a sales manager has gotten involved and they want me pay for half the tub upfront to get that deal???  Otherwise they want to charge me an additional $995 for the stereo.  I’m not happy about the backtracking to say the least and I can’t afford to put half down. I’ve heard of people paying as low as $1600 for CoolZone. What do you all think?  The backtracking has me not trusting them to begin with.  I know the stereo is only going to last a few years if that as it is.  I think they should honor the original sales guys price of $17k plus $2500 for the CoolZone/Bluetooth but never heard back from them.

Hot Tub Forum

HS - Grandee offer with CoolZone
« on: March 29, 2019, 04:17:33 pm »

swilly1000

Re: HS - Grandee offer with CoolZone
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 09:40:07 am »
Blow off the stereo.  It will suck quality wise and you're right...It will break.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 10:52:37 am »
Hey all,  in the process of buying a new tub and curious if anyone else has gotten CoolZone or at least a price for it?  I was all set to make a purchase and another salesman got involved and now they are backtracking on the initial offer. >:(  As it was I didn’t think it was the best deal, but now I’m more convinced. Originally, the deal was $17,000 for the Grandee NXT with the freshwater salt system, steps, cover, and lifter.  Plus, $2,500 for the CoolZone with the Bluetooth audio thrown in free. (Originally they wanted $2,700)  Now a sales manager has gotten involved and they want me pay for half the tub upfront to get that deal???  Otherwise they want to charge me an additional $995 for the stereo.  I’m not happy about the backtracking to say the least and I can’t afford to put half down. I’ve heard of people paying as low as $1600 for CoolZone. What do you all think?  The backtracking has me not trusting them to begin with.  I know the stereo is only going to last a few years if that as it is.  I think they should honor the original sales guys price of $17k plus $2500 for the CoolZone/Bluetooth but never heard back from them.

Is the $2500 for the coolzone installed with a HVAC guy hooking it up?  MAP pricing on the unit is a little over $3100 meaning that is the lowest it’s supposed to be sold for. Ive yet to install one. In the Northeast there isn’t a big push for them but from what I understand it will take a HVAC guy half a day or so to install one

Johnrb3

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 01:24:17 pm »
Thanks guys for the feedback. The CoolZone price is just for the unit. They said there will be additional installation costs later at install.  I’m in Dallas so hoping this will extend the tubbing season by quite a bit. My old one sat unused in June - August. It was just too hot.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 02:13:46 pm »
I think $2500 is a good price for it.  Like Swilly said if they are throwing in the stereo take it if not I would skip it. 

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 03:24:48 pm »
I have never seen or sold CoolZone.  $2,500 seems like a fair price.  $1,600 is way low and I would not expect it.  I am normally against stereo's just because they will be the first item to fail, but the Highlife Hot Spring's I have out there with stereos have held up well.  If that $995 includes the subwoofer, good price, I'm at $1,299. 

I'm not a fan of rescinding an offer to a customer.  If I make a mistake, then I honor what was said originally. 

Johnrb3

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 08:07:27 pm »
Thanks again all!!  They ended up honoring the price so all is good. They should have from the beginning but mistakes happen and they corrected it....so it is what it is.  Thanks again!  Looking forward to trying out the CoolZone this summer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 08:07:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42