What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for dealers and sales guys in general  (Read 3143 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Question for dealers and sales guys in general
« on: February 13, 2019, 12:00:34 am »
  Any of you guys selling Smart tops from leisure concepts?  We have sold maybe 40 or so in the last 3 years or so.  They started a new program for dealers which is pretty aggressive and frankly demanding for the amount you sell and keep on the floor for display.   Huge up-sale, yet I know they have had their problems with reliability the last few years?

Let me know!    Send me a PM if you wish.. 

Hot Tub Forum

Question for dealers and sales guys in general
« on: February 13, 2019, 12:00:34 am »

MarKee

Re: Question for dealers and sales guys in general
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:17:37 pm »
I've had customers inquire about them, but when they hear the $1500-2000 price point, everyone seems to be turned off.  You could get 3-4 new covers for that price.  I don't think we've sold any out of our stores, but we've also never displayed one. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 09:35:21 pm »
  That's what I have always thought.  Though there are people that will pay that amount.    Cost alone of them has gone up if you are not a "premier" dealer now.   So I don't think were going to be selling them anymore.  Other thing is it takes an additional 2 hours to install the thing.    Time is money baby!

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 10:41:54 pm »
Hard no from me.  We had a lot of problems on the ones we sold.  I know a lot of people like the idea of a hard cover, but unless the cost comes way down, and the reliability goes way up... I won't be selling them.

Not only that, they haven't paid me a dime in labor, despite many promises.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 12:14:00 am »
Hard no from me.  We had a lot of problems on the ones we sold.  I know a lot of people like the idea of a hard cover, but unless the cost comes way down, and the reliability goes way up... I won't be selling them.

Not only that, they haven't paid me a dime in labor, despite many promises.

Yes on that, we had quite a few problems/defects with them.  And no warranty coverage from them, other then sending parts.  We have sold their product for 20 years. always been great to deal with.     Their new program you have to apply for, and he/they look over your record over the years and decide if you should be able to sell the covers.    Yeah offer it the same to all dealers.   You also have to display one of each per store.  Honestly not going to miss them..

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 12:44:49 am »
I honestly like most of all their other products... but their head is getting big without the track record to back it up with this particular product... it's making me look elsewhere for everything else... sad day

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 01:21:12 pm »
We signed up as the official dealer in Minnesota...last year I sold approx. 8-10 of them, had problems with 2 or 3 of them but they took care of us including a complete replacement...this year the brackets are much improved to expedite installation time which is nice and they improved the 'seam' of it which was the #1 failure point in cold weather states.  I personally like them, they aren't for your 'average' customer as price points are $2,000-$2,200 but that doesn't bother me at all as I don't have a problem building value and selling high end products...they look good, protect the spa with real locks and are very energy efficient...customers who see the value, will simply just buy it and since the competition doesn't have them they can be beneficial to closing that high end customer...just my .02 your mileage may vary

castletonia

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 02:49:50 pm »
I did at my previous job from 2014-2017.  Probably only sold 15-20 total.  Didn't really have any issues, but also didn't have many people extremely interested either at $2k.  I can see BullFrogSpasMN point about selling the value, quality etc, but at the same time there is no long term outlook because they have only existed for 5-6 years. 

With my current employer (2 years) we don't offer them and honestly have no interest.  I really don't have many if any requests and my personal opinion is Leisure Concepts is so full of themselves with the product that it is a turn off to me.  My other issue is that hot tub manufacturer's, at least the ones I have dealt with, ship spas with covers.  No discount for not taking a cover.  I don't want cover's accumulating for years with the hopes of selling them or having customers expect a discount because they are not taking a regular cover.

TemptingDestiny

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 04:16:38 pm »
I'm only in sales and not on the backside of the relationship with Leisure Concepts. However, we show quite a few on our showroom here and typically sell quite a few of them a month in just our location alone. I'm not sure how the warranty deal is- however I know as our company we are pretty quick to respond to any concerns or potential repairs, regardless. I currently only have the first quarter 2018 still on my floor so not sure how the revamped, lighter models are working. Waiting on the new product to arrive for 2019 tubs. I love them!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 04:16:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42