What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic SE vs Viking  (Read 4516 times)

mp-mi

Nordic SE vs Viking
« on: February 03, 2019, 04:06:43 pm »
I'm a first time hot tub buyer and don't want to waste my money.  I don't have a huge budget for the tub, but can spend around 6k.  We have 6 people in the family but not all of us would use it at the same time, looking to seat 1 adult and 3 kids comfortably.  I visited a couple of dealers in our area the other day, hot springs only had 9k + hot tubs so they were out, I found a Nordic Retreat SE for $6,800 with the extra insulation package, steps, cover, and chemicals to start.  I also got a quote for a viking regal for $6,200.  I'm curious if anybody can give me some advice as to which one is better, are there better options out there for this price range, are these prices good? 

I live in northern Michigan, so energy efficiency is important to me.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic SE vs Viking
« on: February 03, 2019, 04:06:43 pm »

Sam

Re: Nordic SE vs Viking
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 05:48:00 pm »
I'm somewhat limited in my experience with both brands but Nordic is probably the better choice.  I'm not a fan of viking and their "industry best warranty" is b.s. and pro-rated.  After the first 2 years it's pretty worthless. 

Nordic is a good company that makes good entry level spas and I've not heard anything negative about them.

bradleyabell

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 11:44:47 am »
I'm a first time hot tub buyer and don't want to waste my money.  I don't have a huge budget for the tub, but can spend around 6k.  We have 6 people in the family but not all of us would use it at the same time, looking to seat 1 adult and 3 kids comfortably.  I visited a couple of dealers in our area the other day, hot springs only had 9k + hot tubs so they were out, I found a Nordic Retreat SE for $6,800 with the extra insulation package, steps, cover, and chemicals to start.  I also got a quote for a viking regal for $6,200.  I'm curious if anybody can give me some advice as to which one is better, are there better options out there for this price range, are these prices good? 

I live in northern Michigan, so energy efficiency is important to me.

Thanks.

Nordic is a great company who stands behind their products, and they are made locally in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  Would HIGHLY recommend you wet test their tub before considering them though...We did, and did not like how rough their shell is.  It is made out of a different material than most tub manufacturers.  Some may love it, but we did not, so definitely wet test and then decide.

Heck, go and wet test both tubs and you might already have your mind made up!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 05:14:20 pm »
If you are leaning towards the Nordic there should be negotiation room, Retreat is a nice little tub though!

Mr. Paul

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 07:33:53 pm »
So what hot tub did you end up getting. Im in the same boat. Viking Vs Nordic. I also live in Northern Michigan.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 07:33:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42